Author Topic: New here and have a question.  (Read 12105 times)

Offline ctyson68

New here and have a question.
« on: June 14, 2014, 02:10:56 am »
Hello,
I have a question. I am thinking about doing a test drive in a legends car. My main concern is that I am 6'2 275lbs. Would I even be able to fit in the thing comfortably? I don't want my  legs sticking up and almost touching the steering wheel,lol.

And btw, I have never raced anything before.

Thanks,
Chandler

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: New here and have a question.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:46:16 am »
You will fit but I'm 5'8 and I'm not comfortable.... ;). These cars are a blast to drive and is a really good series. We have our issues but who doesn't. Have fun and let us know how it went.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:33 am »
I'm 6'1", 250lbs and don't have a problem in a 34 coupe. 37 sedan I believe has larger doors for ease of getting in and out.
I'm pretty comfortable in my car, but I'm a little odd  ;D
Knees no where near the steering wheel
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline 714

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:07:31 am »
You will not have any problems. I am about the same size as you  my buddy weights 325 lbs and can run with the little guys. You will have lots of fun like

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:18:42 am »
I'm 6'4" 220. I use a 15 inch wheel and it doesn't touch my legs. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline Legends16

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:26:57 pm »
Im 6ft 2 inches about 210 pounds and I fit fine in my Ford Sedan. Head room is a little tight but other then that...

Offline canabl

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »
Another tall guy here, mainly legs at 6'3 and 200 pounds. we changed from the sedan to coupe shape for a little more head room as the sedans rear roll bar runs directly above the seat, the coupe has a different design where it off sets above the driver position. We had some guys modify the seat rail bars to lay them back but word next season for us here in Australia is that the modifications to chassis will cease and all those that have been will also be deemed illegal. Will definately be some noise going on over here as i dont feel these cars were designed for us larger people to be part of the fun.

Offline Gimpster

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 02:06:05 am »
Odd... I read through the original Australian rules drafts that Glenn sent me for review and suggestion in July of 2012, then read the through the final drafts from August of 2012 in my saved email files on Thursday.  Thought the provision for seat mount altering at the frame was left open for this type of situation as long as the mounts were approved for safety. How the heck were they changing seat mounts to be an advantage ? I'm going to go re-read the final draft again on topic... see if I missed something. Did figure some rules would need be changed as Legends Racing evolved over there but I still don't see seat mounts being an advantage. Fine line in frame altering must have been left open and taken advantage of.

~Gimpster~

Offline canabl

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »
Yes the rules were trimmed a little to suit OZ and to keep it fair and affordable for all styles of racers. With the change of hands after a few years running, the rulles have been stretched and broken quite a few times so they are looking to go back to full INEX rules. Even though the rule states with written approval from INEX, the word is that they will not allow any modifications to the chassis apart from front and rear clips. Good for sales i guess and also covers the backsides of the owners of division in the event of chassis failure due to modifications. Safety first.

Offline Gimpster

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 01:06:56 am »
Glad to see that it is progressing over there. There were no rules for there when I was first approached on topic. One of the things I remember telling him to focus on was to copy the Inex rules but leave some doors open to attract racers into the division. My emphasis was centered around the motors and tires that would have high costs of shipping if they ran them over there leave the seal rule out as well as Inex stamped tires for dirt. Try to keep some of the cost down and make it more attractive to new racers. So many emails exchanged on topic made me think back because the only ones that I saved were the first and second versions of  the rules as the months of discussion went by. Sorry to hear the Winter series got cancelled because of the track ownership change... I was enjoying keeping track of what was going on...
~Gimpster~

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:57 pm »
The guy at US Legends told me there is a "Big boy" chassis which eliminates a bar behind the seat. He said it only gives you a few inches. I'm 5' 8" and feel crucnched in my car. They say you get used to it, I havent driven mine yet so I guess we will see. I did do a test drive, I think it will take some getting used to.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 09:46:25 pm »
John,

There are people a lot taller and larger than you that fit in these cars. NO, They are not the most comfortable cars. They are crowded. Not like a street car or stock car.
You can make some adjustments to seat and steering position to make it somewhat comfortable to you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline canabl

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 10:21:28 pm »
my only issue in the car being 6'2 in the head room on sedan chassis, and the lack of room for the left arm between seat and door etc. find myself driving right handed or with left wheel towards top of the wheel for more swingarm action.

anything