Author Topic: Opinions on Belts  (Read 10383 times)

Offline Briz81

Opinions on Belts
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:10:08 am »
So now that my seat stuff is squared away, I am trying to determine what type of belts to use. I know I want a 6pt belt, but would like to have feedback on pull up vs. pull down lap belts brands etc... I currently have a set of Schroth 6pt belts, but they are non-adjustable in the lap belt. I assumed this is probably a no go, especially since there is no way to get to the right side when the seat is bolted in. Any input will be most appreciated  ;D

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Opinions on Belts
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:14 am »
I just put in new belts and went with pull-up lap and HANS friendly type over the shoulder. I love the HANS shoulder straps and the verdict is still out on the lap belts.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Briz81

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
So no issues with pull down belts? My concern is there is no room at all on the right side. Also, the wrap vs. bolt in with belts, am I correct that you can still wrap with bolt in belts? I am just confused as I feel like there are too many ways to screw up and get the wrong stuff. Like in the case of the non-adjustable lap belts I currently have.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:36:34 pm »
the pull-dwon also work as I used them for 8 years or so. You do have to just get the belt set on the right side and leave it alone. YES you take the bolt in piece off and wrap the belt around the bar behind the seat. Your belts should come with instructions on how to wrap them. I know that Simpson belts come with the instructions.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Briz81

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »
Hmm, I wonder if I could use those non-adjustables then. If I set the right side and leave it and then for left I can adjust between races. My only concern then is not having the ability to tighten myself, but not sure if that would be an issue. Here is what the non adjustable lap portion looks like on the belts I currently have (Note: both photos is of left side).

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:24:38 pm »
I also have the HANS friendly shoulder belts and for the lap belts the right side you just set it and leave it and then the left side is adjustable. They work good for me and the shoulder belts pull tight easy

knoxracing

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 09:14:42 am »
I  have two favorite Hans friendly brand belts. The first is Crow and the second is Racequip. The lap adjusters are built into the latch and link, or very near it. Other harness's make it almost impossible to adjust the lap belts once your in the car as they are located farther down. The cost is great and I am a dealer for both, lol!

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:12 am »
We have worked out a Legends and Bando belt with Crow.  Due to the limited space in these cars I have seen 2 problems, the limited room to adjust the pull down lap belts, the pull up belts work great.  The second problem is the short distances between the lap belt mounting points and the seat.  Often the adjuster bar interferes with the seat slot, we have them sewn with a 2" distance which keeps the adjuster away from the seat slot.  Also due to limited space have found the cam-loc buckle to be much more convenient and it reduces the chances of snagging the latch and unbuckling the belts at an inopportune time.  The HANS friendly is also incorporated in the shoulder straps.

These belts cost $179.00 and are available in black, grey or red.

Ed Niquete
LegendsStuff.com
928-486-7740
racerigs@earthlink.net

For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:41 am »
I run the G Force cam lock pull down.
Have had no problems in a Legends car with adjustments or anything else.
No, I don't sell them, just have had a good experience
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline svtmatt

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »
They are expensive but I couldn't be happier with my Schroth Profi II-6 HANS belts.  Love the 2" shoulder and lap belts and the pull up lap and pull down shoulder tensioners.  I've had Simpson and Impact cam lock belts and these Schroth belts blow those away.

MT
Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

Offline Briz81

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:01:52 pm »
I loved the Schroth's quality, but they won't sell me just the pull up lap belt and I can't justify spending another $400-$500 on a set. I wound up getting a set of G-Force belts and will try to sell the Schroth belts I have never used. If I can sell them I will eventually buy another pair.

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 02:53:44 pm »
I just bought a pair of schroth belts and i only spent $180 the cam lock schroths are very spendy but the latch link are very reasonable. I got right ride pull up 6 point hans belts and i thought right side pull up would be easy for me or the crew to strap me in but i was wrong they dont move easy with me in the seat so i just suck it in and im in tight

anything