Author Topic: US LEGEND PROBLEMS  (Read 19401 times)

Offline rsrr

US LEGEND PROBLEMS
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:22:22 pm »
Is this normal operating procedures,no rule books yet,no membership cards,no money paid out and now they are out of FEDERAL TIRES.Now they  say we can run bf goodrich again?Are they still making BFG'S?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: US LEGEND PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »
There has been major change in management at USLC, which is probably causing alot of the delays.
Unaware of the Federal tire issue. They do not have any BFG's for sale, that I know for sure.
Best to check with your local dealer.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »
There has been major change in management at USLC, which is probably causing alot of the delays.
Unaware of the Federal tire issue. They do not have any BFG's for sale, that I know for sure.
Best to check with your local dealer.
Yup there out of tires, even up here in maine/nh.  I'm glad i got a set before they sold out

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:59 am »
Ron, I heard that they are going to to lift the "wear bar" rule because of the lack of tires.

Apparently they were planning on stiffening the sidewalls because of all the complaints last year, but after trying out the "improved" tire they decided to stick with what they had.  Unfortunatly that whole time they had stopped production and now need to make up for lost time.

It really seems like US Legends Cars needs to give themselves deadlines for when to make decisions by.  If they had a deadline to decide on rules then they could get the rule book out on time, if they had a deadline about a dirt tire they could it out in time for the begining of the season, if the y had a deadline about the Federals......you get the point. 

I just hope the change in managment structure changes how they run their buisness.  If they were a non-monopolistic buisness they would have failed years ago.

Hope to see you at Speedrome Saturday Ron!
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline jmker60

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:15:36 am »
The way the situation appears to me is, the "new" management is just as inept as the "old" management It appears that they have no plan or strategy in place to get them to where they need to go or want to go with the business.

At this point I have very little confidence in USLC due to the facts that:

1) They've taken my membership money without providing me anything in return as of yet.
2) They owe me money (ZMAX) and they haven't made any effort to pay.
3) All that I hear is excuses for the delays in delivery from their suppliers (i.e. delay in the Rule Book, waiting on tires from the supplier etc)
4) Changes in management without any immediate signs of improvement in product or business performance.
5) Indecisiveness and backtracking on issues during implementation.
6) The "check" is always in the mail!

It has been my experience that the above are the signs of a business that is in deep trouble financially, not saying that this is the case, but why haven't they announced the re-organization and other changes on their web-site. The web site is their main method of communication to all of their members, not Legends Nation, Legends Racer or any other blog or group site, everyone is not aware of the different sites.

At what point does one ask "Am I being conned or taken advantage of?" Accounting for all of the Membership money that has been paid, in addition to all of the track sanctioning money along with the ZMax money, in all likelihood it is a considerable sum! Will there come a time or point in which we need to request refunds of our membership fees and if we do will the money be refunded without some type of legal action? Hopefully it won't ever come to that, but it is something to maybe start thinking about.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:01 am »
In my experience, when you take over a business that has been mis-managed for so long, it takes more than 2 weeks for everything to be completely turned around and organized. Immediate changes are impossible.
As a good business manager, if you're given a hadfull of sh1t, are you going to eat the sh1t sandwich, or use it to fertilize your business and grow some vegetables? It takes time.
I'm not in any way saying that the previous regime was capable, just saying that before we hang the new guys, let them dig out of the hole they were dropped in.
I believe SMI owns Z-Max, so that is there own money, not a cash infusion they recieved from an outside entity, I could be wrong.
My license check was not cashed until yesterday, so I would expect things are being straightened out.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »
I agree Jim, If they made some fast decisions and then had to change them everyone would be all up in arms about that. Lets give them some time to right the ship. Like it or not Darrell would listen to the racers and I just hope that the new administration does the same. You can't make all the people happy all of the time so I for one know that every decisions that is made i'm going to like. Lets give them some time to get it right with out having to buy wheel tethers and fuel cut-off switches.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »
On the tire issue, there is going to be a long lead time from ordering, to producing, to shipping, etc.  I have been in purchasing for 16 years and know from experience that if something is messed up on the front end, it will be hard to play catch up later in the process.  I am not defending the new management or throwing them under the bus, but it might be months before we can really judge what we are in for.  They are part of SMI, so it is not like some sanctioning bodies that operate off of credit cards and then vanish overnight.  

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »
Lets all just stay calm.
Jim and Scott make good points; As does John. It IS going to take a little time.
Lets all be optimistic and give them a chance to get the bugs worked out.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 05:36:40 pm »
Owell its a good thing Im not racing this year, but this is some good stuff watching this crappppp. going down, but I do fill the pain for all my fellow racers.maybe by next year this will be resolved ? I picked a good year to park my cars lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »
What do you mean you're not racing?
Going back to school to learn how to do manicures Vern?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 08:43:04 pm »
Im sitting out this year, going to help Jason Rochell run late model at williams grove this year..... was going to do some racing before nationals but being where its at , to fare Im going to park my cars. And with what I see so fare  wow I think I have saved a lot of  pain lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 10:14:21 pm »
Awww, c'mon Vern.
At least make the trip to North Dakota!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 11:07:27 pm »
That sounds like an awesome time!!! Might have to see what I can do to get over there.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 05:36:48 am »
Gimpster,

No, I have a Yamaha 1100. I have to check with Rhonda and find out when the boys are coming this summer.

Steve