Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109278 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2010, 03:22:17 pm »
Come on up to Beaver Dam
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2010, 04:27:43 pm »
I can't get past the welding slag in the ear.  I got a moth in my ear a few years ago and thought that it was bad.   It's Gimpster's fault if I start having welder nightmares. 

With the mirrors, that is one of those things that needs to be agreed between the track and INEX and on paper before cars start showing up. 

Haha nightmares !!

On a creeper welding overhead with a stickwelder.  The puddle exploded. I flinched and turned my head right. It just SIZZLED as it went in. 6 small holes burned through the eardrum and 1 big piece of  slag burned the drum to the  ear wall at about the 7 oclock position. The tissue in your temple that tightens up when you bite down is what they tried to reconstruct the ear drum with. It never worked. Had to learn how to balance all over. It screwed with my equilibirium...

LOL nightmare on Gimp Street... It's almost Halloween !!  (insert theme song here from the Twilight Zone)

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »
Having that moth flapping inside my ear does not seem like that big of a deal anymore.  Geez.           :o

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
Ahh just the name Larry Phillips makes me smile. That was the best guy that ever sat an ass in a race care. RIP Larry Phillips

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2010, 09:13:21 pm »
Hey Mr Scott when you get a chance can you email me uncle bubbas phone number ,me and John where talking about him today, you really have a great family.If you need anything this winter just give me a call looking for a reason to make it down your way.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline JC38

« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2010, 12:45:46 am »
Larry Phillips was great. Dirt or asphalt. didnt matter, besides my Dad and uncle racing. back in the early and middle 80's he was my favorite driver. i was actually so ticked whenever he quit racing dirt and just raced asphalt.  Can you believe when we made the trip to North Carolina last year for Nationals, no one at 600 racing ever heard of Larry Phillips. And there suppose to be the big asphalt guys.  we couldnt believe it!
Justin Comer #38

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2010, 12:24:34 pm »
Unfortunately, Inex will not go by the rules that the track has when it comes to a national event. I have been through this many times before and each time Inex says its their event, so they go by their rules. You could sit here and debate this forever but it's not going to change. I think there are pro's and con's to mirrors so it is what is it really. Just like mirror's people have had the same conversation with Inex about two way radios, in the Inex rulebook you are not allowed to use radio's but in Virginia you are allowed to, I don't know why but that's the way it is.

I hope things change for the better over the winter so next year everyone could have yet a better racing season. I know in the Northeast more tracks are having more races in 2011 and new tracks are bringing Legends in as well like Accord Speedway in NY.

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JC38

« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2010, 02:00:27 pm »
Oh i know they say its there event. And if there going to treat it like there event then they need to bring more then 2 people from inex. I wonder how many they brought from there own crew to the asphalt nationals. i bet more then 2...
Justin Comer #38

Gimpster

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:42 pm »
 I don't believe USLC realizes how serious we take dirt racing.
Or... they prolly don't know as much about it as we all do about it.
One or the other ! LOL
They would have took a growler if 200 cars would have showed up for the nationals (wink)

----- Gimpster -----

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2010, 04:54:33 pm »
Gimp that would have been funny. I think more than USLC would have crapped their pants.

Its official I finished dead last in points in S/P points for the year on dirt. I really have to race more next year.

Vern I think that I bought a new chassis. I will be swapping everything over to it over the winter. My car full of gas weighed 1198 lbs. I know I'm fat but I don't need a fat race car too.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2010, 05:17:16 pm »
My black car weight 1160 and my white car weights 1190 god knows what it weights with my fat aaaa in it lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2010, 07:32:33 pm »
My coupe is 1137 out of gas with 40 lbs of lead.

Hey Scott, you can't complain about points if you only race one time!

This was my worst full points year. Too many wrecks and 5 weeks of not being able to figure out that the hard-wired transponder was intermittently shorting out the fuel pump did me in. My other car (Dan) got 10th, just barely though.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »
Now we are starting to get back to the "How You Doing 2010" thread...  :)

I think Dan did well for his first year in the Legends Car. I know that he told me that he had a good time with the car this season.  ;)
Hopefully we will see him back in the VMS sponsored car next season.

Jim, You had a rough year all around. Between the rough breaks with the race car, the wrecks and the economy... Well, lets just say that it wasn't your best season.
With any luck at all, the economy will come back around. I know you will give your car a thorough going over in the off season. Hopefully next season will bring you better results.

Scott, You just need to stop working so hard and get out there and race a bit more. Your finish at the Nationals shows that you are capable.

Looking forward to updates from everyone on the off season work and seeing pics of the new paint, cars, etc...

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »
Dan is back for next year, he signed a long term contract  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:28 pm »
Hope Dan got a signing bonus at least.   ;)

anything