Author Topic: New to Legends Racing  (Read 7475 times)

domracing

New to Legends Racing
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:58:27 pm »
I'm 18 years old, an extremely skilled driver, have been drag racing since i was 8, and around all types of cars motorcycles ext, you name it ive driven it, and driven it hard. I recently decided that i wanted to race nascar at some point, and to do that you need to race ASA Speedtruck first. Ive done some research and think that legends is a good place to start because its the closest to a purpose built race car such as an ASA Speed Truck is. Am I right? or should i be doing a different class to start out? mind you this is the first type of racing ive done other than drag racing, I can do it, i am just not sure where to start out.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: New to Legends Racing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:33:26 pm »
This is hands down the best series for anyone to start out, stay-in, or "retire" to.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:16:00 pm »
It will give you a chance to learn how to setup a car without it getting as complicated as other series.  Also, you can get experience on pavement, dirt, and roadcourses with the same car.  There are a lot of cup drivers that started out in legends cars.  The cost of a decent used car is less than what many people spend on street stocks.   

If you decide to go with a legends car, looks through the threads on this site and you will be able to find a lot of great information on pretty much any question you might have. 

John   

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:01 pm »
Legends Cars is a good division to really learn how to handle a race car on any surface. You can learn to finesse the car on asphalt, throw the car on dirt and turn left & right on roadcouse.  Like JGRacing said, you will learn how to setup a car without getting to complicated. Legends have minimal suspension travel, adjustments, and front end geometry so if you can drive a Legends well  you can drive anything else just as good. I know many dirt and asphalt Modified drivers who got into a Legends car and said it was harder to drive than their car. Many people go on to bigger and better things from Legends cars including the likes of Kyle Busch, Joey Lagano and more.

The other cool thing about this division is you have beginners of all ages, experienced drivers of all ages, and retired drivers/veterans such as Will Cagle and more.

Good luck
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

anything