Author Topic: need help tigthning up ford coupe  (Read 5079 times)

looselegend

need help tigthning up ford coupe
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:19:17 pm »
new to legends racing son drives in young lions div 1/4 high banked track always loose up off corner lf s 275   rfs 300  lrs 225   rrs 225  cross 50.0  tried  rrs at 200 left the left side at 225 car was worse  any help would be thankfull.

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: need help tigthning up ford coupe
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:17:40 pm »
Is the rear end square? From what I see that thing should push like a dump truck.

Scott #77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:33:19 pm »
drop those rear spring rates.  The 225 in the RR will make the car loose.  I agree though i think it might be push loose that he is feeling.

I would put a 185 LR and a 200 RR to start and see how that goes.  We run that on most tracks with success.  We just change out the front spring to set the corner differently depending on the track. 

looselegend

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »
the rear end is square he says it takes little wheel input going into corner,iam beginning to think it might be a push to loose condition, ill drop rear springs and see what that does this week, car runs upfront every week  just cant seam to find what it takes to get it tightend up  alittle,  if you move the rearend inn to the left would that tightend one up on pavement, thanks for the help.

anything