BANDOLEROS > Engine Care & Tuning

Air filter box

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bando9:
my motor is also not covered i have a screen

Chance 8)

bandostuff.com:
Are we all talking about a single hole, about 5/8" dia. to the rear of the carb?  Not the large (1 1/2" holes in the corners of the underside of the housing.  The single small  hole would allow unfiltered, unrestricted  air through a passage in the air cleaner housing base directly to the carb inlet.  The tech inspectors check the air filter elements for holes,  as well as the  foam element is in place .  This  leads me to beieve direct unrestricted air bypassing the filter would not be allowed.

mch46:
On OEM engines for service in the field, this hole was where a tube from the crankcase breather connected back to the carb air filter box.  Some engines sold by 600 used to come with a platic plug in this hole, some did not.  Engines from 600 now come either with the hole open or with duck tape covering the hole.  Pursuant to my conversation with Scott Rhinehardt at INEX yesterday, competitors may now run the engines with the plug or tape, or without any plug or tape.  It is optional for the competitor to choose.

justfreaky:
Thanks Ed and Mike!
That is interesting to know.

Regards,

Steve

bandostuff.com:
Thanks for your research Mike.  Scott Rinehardt is the ultimate power on these issues!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version