Author Topic: SOMEWHAT SAD NEWS  (Read 13265 times)

bandow10

SOMEWHAT SAD NEWS
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:00:51 pm »
I  have some sad news to report. as our season was starting to go well, we had season ending accident. no this was not racing related. my 10 yr old daughter( the driver) had a seizure sat night around 2 am.  as i set back and get my thoughts together, i think about how we (all of us) get caught up inwhat we do we seldom forget our place in life. our family life evolves around jesus our family and the racetrack. let me tell you that out of everything i have done in my life(33 yrs old) i have never had something so tuff to explain to my daughter that the dr didnt want her to do any physical activeties for 6 months to a year. she loves racing as much as any thing. telling her that she cant do nothing  is very hard.  please enjoy the rest of the season and take care of your children.  we take for granted what we do for fun sometimes but we dont realize sometimes what we have in life. She is doing ok so far. we have alot of prayers and believe me GOD answers our prayers.   we will race a few more times this year with my nephew in the car. untill next time thanks brad

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: SOMEWHAT SAD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:13:09 pm »
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter
Jim
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 04:34:43 pm »
Brad,

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and family. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Best of luck to your nephew!

Take Care!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:33:15 pm »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and you are right

Chance 8)
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

Offline free2race

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »
Mr.Brad, are yall going to be at Monroe this weekend?

bandow10

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
we are coming to watch the crash a rama. unfortunly we will not be racing. thanks brad

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »
Brad, sorry to hear. I am glad that your daughter is doing ok now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I don't know what I would do in a similar sitiuation. Family definately comes first.

Geoff

bandow10

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:02 pm »
i promise this is the hardest thing we had to go thru and i know it wont be the last.  but we are surviving.  she asked today if she could anything in the car, i told her i would ask if she could carry the AMERICAN flag next week. dont really think it would hurt. so this is my last wish for her to be in the car for this year. thanks again for the prayers. brad

Offline 3nracing97

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:14 pm »
I bet when she can come back you aren't going to have any trouble getting her to go fast!!  I'll look for you this weekend,  I wasn't going to go but my boys are making me take them. 

I did some thinking the other night after we talked and you were so right about taking what we do for granted.   We all get to taking this racing thing a little too serious sometimes and forget it is supposed to be fun.  I told Jacob about your daughters situation and it made him cry a little.   He said he was going to include her in his prayers at night.  That little girl has alot of people thinking about her right now!!

bandow10

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 11:53:33 pm »
thanks kevin we cant thank god enough for what we have. i promise it has make me rethink life as we know it on this earth the last few days.  even today at work i couldnt stop thinking about sabrina and what she must be thinking as i can only imagine her feelings, the tears starting rolling.  we dont think about the fun we have till something happens.  tell jacob thanks. we will be in the stands this weekend  most likely right behind the flag stand in the family section.   thanks brad

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 01:36:30 pm »
This update from Brad (bandow10):

She is doing better. the dr. cant find nothing wrong in any of the test. Her blood pressure is level with medicine.  We are praying that we might be able to get back to racing by the end of the year with the lords blessings upon us.
Thanks for the prayers. Brad

bandow10

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:49:49 pm »
thanks steve for posting that. i have just been so busy here lately.  between the 2 doctors. neuroligist and cardoligist, they have not found nothing abnormal. i truly believe thru prayers that our lord has healed her.  we still got about 3 months to go before we can get back to racing. we see the 2 doctors again this month and july for follow ups. hopefully then with the lords hands upon us we will be able to get to racing.  i would like to personally thank eaach and everyone for the thoughts and prayers.  we was at the battle of the bayou friday at the racetrack, between fans asking about her and me telling them my tesimony of the lord touching me thru this ordeal i had some of the best feelings  about our return. thanks again brad

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 06:07:22 pm »
I do not get over to the bando side of the site very often and I just saw this.  I'll make sure to say a prayer for her.  Glad to see they they have not found anything wrong with her. 

bandow10

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 10:33:00 pm »
thanks everyone for the prayers. as we continue to go foward with life. we thank god for slowing us down and going back to putting jesus first.  all test are normal to this point. she goes back to both doctors in july. we are waiting graciosly to get back on the track. not really sure when yet. got a few drs to go yet and get the money built back up. got to get a set of tires before we can get to racing. i will continue to update as things come along. i am slippin in and out. it is very hard to even go to the racetrack and watch right now. i almost broke down in tears this past sat night at the track. thanks again for the prayers. brad

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:44:00 pm »
Brad,

I hope that you know that EVERYONE here on  the site is praying for good news.
Your entire family has our support!!!
You can always PM or email me! Any Time!!!

Keep The Faith!!!

Steve