Author Topic: good gear  (Read 9554 times)

bandow10

good gear
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:05:36 pm »
hi all we race on 3/8 mile high banked concrete.  i am have messed with the gears but cant seem to figure out what gear i need to be on.  how much  gear is to much.  is anything over a 4.00 gear ratio to much. i cannot get my rpms up over about 46 or 4700. i am on 3.85 now.  thanks from a failing dad at figuring these cars out.

Offline free2race

Re: good gear
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:50:14 pm »
You wouldn't be racing at  Monroe would ya?

bandow10

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:25 pm »
yes  we do. 3n97 has helped me alot and i cant thank him enough.  just talked to a few different people from a totally difterent part of the us that told me a few things to try just trying to get different peoples ideas that dont race at our track. again i cant thank kevin enough for his to help to get me where i am now. thanks  brad

Offline free2race

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01:47 pm »
Yea, Kevin is sooooo fast it's scary. We showed up with the black 28 car from Jackson. I heard yall was racing this weekend.

bandow10

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:09:09 pm »
yes, I remember ya.  She is getting faster week by week, but still way off pace.        brad

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 11:27:18 am »
Do they run a restrictor plate there?  If so be sure the fuel pump vacuum line is connected to the valve cover rather than the intake.  Just a thought.
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:36 pm »
To get back on subject............................

What gears are you currently using? Engine and axle. You can PM me if you don't want to post them.
You can go higher than 4.00.
Has Kevin given you his thoughts on gearing?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

bandow10

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:41:30 pm »
yes kevin loaned me a gear week before last to try.  put it on last week and made a boo boo.  made some chassis adjustments before (reading here last week) and didnt check the chain and put it in a bind. so only made a couple laps and pulled off.  kevin  has helped out alot.  i cant thank him enough thanks brad

Offline 3nracing97

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 03:24:11 pm »
I was wondering what happened in the feature.  He took off  like a rocket on the start.  I think he would have given the 96 a good run if he could could have kept going.  Let me know if you need anything to get it back going,  ya'll need to stop the 96 this week!!  I have to keep Jacob reigned in one more week because if he wrecks his brothers car I think there will be a death in the family!!

bandow10

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »
I made a boo boo on the setup. i though it was gonna be a good race for a moment. i didnt tear nothing  up. my nephew has a smart head on him. i told him if it didnt feel right to pull it to the infield.  call me when you get a chance kevin. thanks brad

anything