Author Topic: Beadlocks  (Read 22476 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Beadlocks
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:39:50 pm »
I had my supplier tell me he wll have the inex bead loc covers monday ? can wait to see what they look like ?

Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Beadlocks
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:33:32 pm »
Also found out this past week I thought I had a bent axle ? well I put the new one in today ,and statred up the car when it was in the air and still the right rear Is wabbleing ? come to find out my NEW BEADLOCK is bent ?or worpped ? I ran a few laps a few weeks ago and never hit anything or no marks on the rims ? everyone make sure you check you new beadlocks before you use them.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline CJ5

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »
Check the inside bead on the wheel (while you spin it) if it wobbles the wheel is bent if the inside is straight the thing may have been built wrong.

Good luck
Full time Realtor Part time Racer. Whats wrong with this picture?

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:03 pm »
will do thanks ,just wanted to put it out there so everyone check your new beadlocks
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »
Vern,
Did you get the chance to check out the wheel yet?  I don't know if we checked ours out or not, I will look tonight.  I do remember from the bead locks on the micros, if you don't get the lock tightened even you get the wobble on the outside.

Jeremy

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:12:37 pm »
Also, for people new to beadlocks, they will probably leak air so it helps to caulk the underside of the tire bead before you put the ring on.  This tire bead sealer stuff that I am using now would probably work really well also.  I have never had a major leak, but having a tire that was not sealed go flat overnight was pretty normal.     

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 10:10:12 pm »
I got my beadlock wheel today along with the Inex wheel cover.  The wheel cover is clear Lexan so nobody will have issues at tracks that dont allow metal covers.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:47:36 pm »
yes Jeremy I measured the wheel after I took it off the tire and it was off it looks like it didnt get centered before they welded it ? I even put bare rim on car and started up the inside and out side wabbled at the same time , I called paul and he is going to exchange it for me and deal with 600 about it, man what a great guy.  vern #20
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:25:49 pm »
That's great Paul will take care of it for you.  I have heard of that before but never had a wheel that way.  Glad you got it all figured out!

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:51 pm »
Jeremy when are you guys comming out again ? you mist a good one last sunday....... wow path was really slick....
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 07:39:42 am »
It was slick enough that Vern gave me my first doughnut (at least a little starter one) of the season as I helped straighten him out with my right side running board and door coming out of 2.  I had a ball, slick tracks kind of suck, but I had a ball anyway. 

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 10:19:37 am »
sorry about that ???? what that happen in the feature race ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 10:23:36 am »
Rich you looked like you had your hands full going home ? your trailer was all over the place , I tryed to wait before I past you, didnt want to cuase any problems ? looked like you need more toung weight ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 10:30:14 am »
No apologies allowed Vern....doughnuts are good, edible or not! Ya can't be a winner without some battle scars!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 07:34:56 am »
Vern,
     No problem at all with the hit in the feature.  I put it under you down the front straight and when we went into 1 you pulled half a length on all of us, so I was pretty sure something was going to happen.  I definitely don't hold grudges about stuff like that, hell, I switched from full bodied stock cars just last year, so a little bumping is just racing.  Now if you would have just come down and nailed me on purpose, I might not be as forgiving.   With the trailer, I don't know if you notice but I run a ton (probably literally) of tongue weight.  Everything heavy is in the nose except the generator, and the car is pretty far forward.  I've played with it both ways in the past and if I go further forward, the front of the truck is too light off the highway, and further back it does what you saw all the time.  As it is, it only did it 3 or 4 times coming across the Turnpike.  Now that I think about it though, I don't think I moved the car forward after I started carrying the generator, so maybe that will be the ticket.  Also, I'm thinking of adding one of those friction type sway controls that are like a shock absorber hooked to the side of the tongue and right next to the ball on the hitch. 

Rick

anything