LEGENDS > Brakes

Brakes more than dragging

<< < (3/4) > >>

RickyBobby:
ok so I lost brakes again in practice.  I heared there are clips that you can use to hold the pads in place.  Not the ones that hold the shim in place but one that goes at each end of the tabs of the pad.  Has anyone heard or used these?

VMS Motorsports:
I have seen people use small cotter pins and bend them to hold the pads in place, never had the problem personally tho...sorry

elimn8u_43:
I have not seen any used on a Legends car but Ford uses something similar. I think it is on a pickup that I have seen them probably from the early eighties 4x4.

Geoff

RickyBobby:
bled all the brakes.  They work but the pedal goes to the floor still.  I am putting in a new master cylinder this weekend and replace all of the fluid

racerrad8:
There are anti-rattle clips that will come with rebuilt "loaded" calipers. They will help hold the pad in the bracket, but once the caliper is "set" the pad should not be able to come out of the bracket.

Randy - RPM

--- Quote from: RickyBobby on April 29, 2009, 11:14:24 am ---ok so I lost brakes again in practice.  I heared there are clips that you can use to hold the pads in place.  Not the ones that hold the shim in place but one that goes at each end of the tabs of the pad.  Has anyone heard or used these?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version