LEGENDS > Brakes

Brakes more than dragging

(1/4) > >>

RickyBobby:
I just put my car back to together for the 09 race season.  There was no drag at all on the front end.  I put brake fluid and and bled the lines.  Now my pedal still goes almost to the floor but the front brakes are on.  I can move the car but sitting on a 3 inch slope in my garage and it won't move on its own.

MegaMan and I had some issues getting fluid at first to the front brakes.  We had to prime the master cylinder to get the front working. 

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Oh I took the pistons and moved them back before removeing the brakes.  They seem to be moving fine.  I also cleaned and lubed the slidders.

mch46:
Make sure the pads are in the slots and secured.  When they pop-out (and it happens without you knowing it) you won't have brakes, and will hunt everywhere for the problem.

IraceLegends77:
What mch46 said. It will make you think you have no brakes with the pedal and will drag when you spin the wheel.

Scott

RickyBobby:
I will certainly check that tonight.  Since they sat for a while with no fluid and the calipers loose I am sure that is what happened.  Thanks guys.

elimn8u_43:

--- Quote from: mch46 on March 09, 2009, 03:50:35 pm ---Make sure the pads are in the slots and secured.  When they pop-out (and it happens without you knowing it) you won't have brakes, and will hunt everywhere for the problem.

--- End quote ---

I have had this happen to. It will throw you for a loop.

Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version