Author Topic: Nationals Location?  (Read 20679 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Nationals Location?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:52 am »
Well, got up this morning and you guys where right. Got a message from Darrell that it is East Lincoln Speedway. Hope to see you all there.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:42 am »
Ya Scott I was at Dons week before last and thats what he told me , he said ralph wasnt putting any money up for nationals this year ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »
Thats to bad, I had such a good time last year but thats just way to far especially with the down economy.  Maybe if I can get some sponsors together again this year it might happen but that isnt looking to good.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:59 pm »
Tony had a good run a Daytona, so he should have a little extra cash to put and we all show up at his track........ ;D

Scott

Offline bback58

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »
I'm hoping to make the trip to Eldora this fall.  It is a long way to go for one night of racing but I think it would be nice to say you raced at Eldora.
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:32 am »
Awwww c'mon Jeff, it's only about a 300 mile difference...1/2 a tank of gas?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jmker60

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »
INEX/600 Racing should consider holding the national events over a weekend when school is not in session.
Early October is just bad timing, school has just started in most areas of the country, leaving some parents and racers down on expendable entertainment dollars due to school clothes and extra-curricular activities at school (i.e. sports, band, PTA/PTO fundraisers etc.)  Also by early October, the grades are pretty much known for the fall semester and parents do use racing as a motivator. I know many families who stop racing to particpate in other school activities, or to start saving for the holiday season. We all know the Christmas Holiday Shopping season seems to start earlier each year!

My suggestion to 600 is to hold the Nationals over spring semester break (late March/early April). Most racers are ready to start the season with fresh cars, have an eagerness to get back behind the wheel and may be a bit more conservative so as not to destroy thier equipment or anyone else's through bonehead racing early on in the season.  Also the parents haven't used their vacation time yet (if they still have jobs in todays economic situation) and the Christmas bills are hopefully taken care of.

As for location, I have been fortunate in being able to travel the country and race many different tracks on dirt, asphalt and road courses. This includes both asphalt and dirt nationals last October. One thing I know for sure is there are some  super facilities throughout the midwest, places like Colorado National Speedway for asphalt. The RMLRA organization would be fantastic hosts!

As for dirt, Kansas City has gone back to dirt and too would be centrally located to everyone.  The road course World Championship should be held close to port so the foreign entrants wouldn't have too much of a hassle getting their stuff in and out of the country. Hallett may work, or the SCCA facility near Houston Texas. Not to mention Infineon in California.

With all that being said, we as racers need to keep in mind that 600 Racing is a business too, and it is dependent on a customer base with limited budgets and shrinking incomes. They do need our support  in order for them to remain in business. I don't think there is anyone pumping tens of thousands of dollars into 600 Racing  just so they can watch us race, they, like us want a return on our investment. 600 has the same overhead as any other business with the major concern of making the payroll and paying the bills!

All levels of racing (tracks and racers) are feeling the backlash from the current economic situation. Many tracks are closing, or running big name/draw special events only in an effort to bolster the dwindling fan attendence.  Late in the season events compete with all levels of high school and college football.  Many venues can't give tickets away in an attempt to fill the seats. A lot of our fans are also feeling the pinch and don't care to spend extra money on Friday or Saturday nights when they can sit home and watch the Camping World Trucks on Friday night, the Nationwide race on saturday night and the Sprint Cup cars on Sunday afternoon.

Enough said, I'll get off the soapbox!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 03:51:30 pm »
Uh...Ok  :-\
Guess you should call Darrell Krentz, don't think he reads this board.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:22 pm »
Looks like it is official.  This is from legendsnation.com.  I will not be traveling that far for it, but having it near Charlotte the weekend of the cup race might get the race more attention.  It will be interesting to see how it works out. 

2009 Dirt Nationals to be Held in October at East Lincoln Speedway in NC
02-25-2009 | Carolina News

Yesterday it was announced that the 2009 INEX Dirt Nationals will be closer to the home office of INEX and 600 Racing this season.  INEX Executive Director Darrel Krentz confirmed with LN that the Dirt Nationals will be held October 16th and 17th at East Lincoln Speedway (NC).  That is the same weekend as the NASCAR weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway.  Krentz told LN that the races will be held during the day so all of the drivers, teams and families can go enjoy the NASCAR races at LMS after they complete the Dirt Nationals events.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 07:17:09 pm »
hoping to be able to go down and run Carolina Speedway on Friday and East Lincoln on Sat. sometime this summer.

Scott

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 09:54:12 pm »
hey scott dont know if I can swing it ? maybe latter in the summer maybe we ll hook up and go down ? I got my trailer set up for two cars, we ll talk ??? Vern
Vernon Houseman #20

anything