Author Topic: Installing a new body  (Read 6818 times)

Installing a new body
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:57:25 am »
OK so I have the main body and doors done. Now I am onto the fenders. I am dealing with a 37 Chevy Sedan. The front fenders are pretty self explanatory. The rear on the other hand??? Front to back - Should those be spaced according to the length of the running boards? Should the running boards fit perfectly innto the recessed area on the fenders? HELP?!?!?!?!

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Installing a new body
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:35 am »
Yes, the rear fender resessed area should be covered with the running board.  I would put the front fenders on and then put on the running boards.   Then just put the rear fenders on to fit up with the running boards.  The rear hieght of the fender is up to you, I put them so that I have a couple inches of clearance on the top of my tire.  The bottom rear of the fender is almost even with the top of the rear frame rail on my car.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »
Here is an old link from when MegaMike did his rear fenders.

http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=418.0

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 03:44:56 pm »
That post was for the 34 body style which is a bit different.  I have noticed the most guys that have the 37 style at our track use the notches at the back of the fender as the guide.  The left one lines up with the bottom of the frame rail and the right side wit the top of the frame rail.  This give enough room for the car to squat as you come out of the corner without rubbing.