Author Topic: Gauges  (Read 23124 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Gauges
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:31 am »
I am interested to see how this gasket works.  Does it have baffles attached to the gasket?
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 11:31:30 am »
I would think that altering the flow of the oil would constitute an alteration.
Tell us more Jim!
Inquiring mind want to know!

Thanks!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »
Well, in my mind, altering the flow of the oil would consist of some kind of pump, moving the pickup location, channeling, or the like. This is just a new style of oil pan gasket that happens to have, lets say, a ridge of some sort on the right side of the gasket to keep the oil in the pan where it belongs
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 03:00:26 pm »
The oil pick up is toward that middle of the motor and due to the “low oil” sensor is on the left side of the pan is what causes the light coming on as low oil, but the pick up is still getting oil. 
Dave

Offline reitter28

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 04:10:35 pm »
thats what i do jeff, as long as that red light goes off goin down the straitaway i could care less what i does in the turns. the diffrent gasket is def a good idea tho. ive really never heard of anyone in our series having the oil pan takin off so if it means keeping an engine from blowing (which i did this last season due to a bad bearing) ill take my chances with getting that teched and loosing a 3rd place finish or whatever it may be.
lancehooper.com

Offline vankotr

• vankoppracing.com
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:32 pm »
I'm new to legends and just picked up a car with no gauges.  I think I would like a gear indicator for my 15 year old driver.  Where can I get one?

Offline thunder938

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 03:47:58 pm »
your local dealer would be best if  not then 600racing.com.  There a tricky to install on a car with the motor in the car.  I have done it before, but you should know what you are doing.  The location of the plate on the back of the motor makes it real fun...

I will be installing one this year on my car, but I am having my frame powder coated so the motor is out...

It looks like your local dealer..
Northwest Legends and Bandoleros,
Bill Bailey , bbaileynwlegends@hotmail , 20221 67th Ave, Unit C ,
Arlington , Washington 98223 ,
 T: 360-474-8508 , F: 360-474-8510 ,
www.nwlegends.com
Dave

Offline vankotr

• vankoppracing.com
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 05:14:39 pm »
Yea, I was thinking it might be a problem installing if the motor is in the car, we'll see.  Thanks for the info.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
It can be done, but you have to remove the bracket for the slave cyl. to get to the hardware, which is fun with the motor in.  I still would do it.  Like I said that I am going to run one this year.  It is a big help during yellows and restarts.  There are times when you forget what gear you are in and have to work it back to 1st then find the gear you want.
Dave

anything