Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 152663 times)

Offline joeracer22

Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2009, 02:28:43 pm »
Jim,
the track was pretty bad but if you could hang on through the bumps there was a lot of bite in the middle of  turn 1 and 2
Joe

Offline CJ5

« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2009, 05:18:48 pm »
Is that Joe Johnson?
Son and Grandson to a couple of bigtime local legends.
CJ5
Full time Realtor Part time Racer. Whats wrong with this picture?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2009, 06:30:16 pm »
Don't forget cousin to a guy who powder coated his sprint car pink!

Looks like you and Weber were the only 2 with the ability to drive on that track...when Eric says "Joey just flew by me stuck to the bottom", you must have been impressive...I of course could not see it, backmarker that I am.

Does anybody know what happened to Jeff? I heard he wrecked in the heat, but got it fixed in time for the B...then next thing I know we had a red flag before the race started and I saw Jeff walking off the track...Then he was loaded up and pulling out before the A...?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2009, 06:35:42 pm »
Long story, I put a new front clip on today and I am working on getting it back together right now.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2009, 08:00:34 pm »
Hope you get it together for Tuesday night!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline joeracer22

« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2009, 08:58:28 pm »
yes that is me.  Jim, me and weber were both stuck to the bottom but i had to run all over that track to get to 2nd after starting 11th.  the trick wasnt to get it to stick to the bottom it was to get it to stick to the middle of the track where nobody else was running.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2009, 09:29:56 pm »
I made my first start today. I started 20th in a 26 car field. Worked my way up to 7th for the checkers. My car is still in one piece with no new scratches and all bumper tabs are straight ;D. Good day! Wish my dad had a better day. He had a battery short out on the first lap and killed the car. Would not even start with a push.

Geoff

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:41 am »
First outing of the year me also. Went Lincoln Speedway in PA. where their was 38 cars. I drew pill 66 out of 66 so the night was off to a great start. Started in the back of my heat and got a good run off the corner up high until a car made a right turn from the bottom and I had to stand on the brakes and the field got away from me by the time I got back to the gas. Finished 7th in the heat. Had to start B and made it to 4th so got a transfer spot to the A. Started 23rd in the A out of 24 cars so I decided to lay back just in case there was "the big one" and their was. I was able to have a front row seat for cars fliping and bouncing off each other. After the red I made it to 14th before the end and was able to put the car back in the shop with no damage. All in all a good night for such a big field and first race of the year.

Scott #77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:56 am »
9th out of 16 (I think) on Saturday at Springfield, MO.  I had to guess at the setup changes I made Friday night because one the the wires for my scale pads went bad Friday night.  Short of cutting the wire, I have not heard of these going bad before.  The car felt better and I am starting to get a feel for what it can do, so I could at least race people a little harder than I did the first night out.  I cannot get it to hook up coming off of the turn and am loosing time on people there.  I'll get the scales fixed and play around with some things before the next race.  Also looks like the brake adjuster for the right front is bad, so the car is pushing when I get on the brakes.  Getting the car to pivot too late because of the brake issue might be why I cannot getting a good run off of the turn.  Regardless, I felt a lot better in the car this time and had a lot more fun being able to race side by side with people.     

Offline thunder938

« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2009, 11:46:21 am »
Back in the car after 5 weeks off, we moved, and ran 3rd in the heat and 7th  in the main.  The car was BAD in the 1st hot laps, brand new tires. The 2nd hot laps and the heat it was good after putting some wedge in the car.  Then the main it was good for awhile then went real loose with about 5 to go.  Was a good night loaded it up and made a few bucks…:)
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2009, 11:53:13 am »
Sounds like lots of guys able to load it back up this weekend...always like to hear that.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:40 pm »
After a bad wreck in my heat and a roll over before the B-main I finally got my car back together.  In the heat race I ran over teh right rear of another car at teh end of the straight and got launched into the air and hit the wall then landed and hit the wall again.  All of the suspension was junk so we bolted all new front stuff on and got it going right before the B-main.  I pulled out on the track late and had to catch the while coming into turn three the car snapped loose, spun and the left rear caught a rut and the car rolled one and a half times.   The car was not in race ready shape which is why I had no control when I got on the gas.   The car was pretty rough so I left the races early and stripped the car down myself that night then went up to my Dads fab shop and I put a new front clip on  straightened the rear frame and rear housing.   I came home in the afternoon and started reassembly and got most of the way finished Sunday night.  Today I took a half day of vacation and finished it up about an hour ago.  I was able to save the body with the help of a lot of rivets and aluminum sheet metal.  Its off to Charter Raceway Park for the Kasey Kahne sprint car race so hopefully the car works as well as it did before the wreck.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2009, 10:10:22 pm »
welll good luck.......and ???? try to bring it home in one piece......
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:02 am »
Jeff,
It would have taken me a month to get all of that work done.  Hope the next race is a little less expensive. 

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2009, 12:30:05 am »
I finally made it out for a race on Friday after installing my second motor this season.  Managed to stay at the back of the pack about 1/3 of a lap back from the lead for two heats.  Had electrical problems and had to sit out the feature race.

Went to Mosport to race on Saturday and only got 1 heat in before getting raced out.  At least I know the car is running good anyways.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

anything