Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 155767 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »
Jeff,
Congratulations on the win!
Sorry to hear about the damage to the car on your first night. I'm glad you are OK though!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2009, 10:45:54 am »
Way to go Jeff on the win. 

Will you be able to porta-power out that frame rail or is is it pushed in too far?   

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2009, 04:00:06 pm »
Scott (IraceLegends77) is home!

WELCOME HOME SCOTT!!!!
Good to have you home!

Thank You for ALL that you do!

Regards,

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2009, 05:52:25 pm »
Scott,
Welcome back and thanks for your service.

John

FFmedic

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2009, 09:08:46 pm »
First race of the yr was this past sunday in Minot ND.  Finished 3rd in the feature and was the first semi-pro to finish so I got a 100point win also!!!!  This is my best finish since starting in the legends!!  ;D :o :)
 Hopfully this season keeps rolling along with great finishes.
Joe

Offline bback58

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2009, 11:17:52 pm »
Keep it up Joe.  Great finish!

I kind of sucked.  Pretty much only finished in front of the rookies, but nobody tore up their cars and after a quick wash job I'm ready to go for Friday night.
Brian B

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2009, 01:32:41 am »
Congratulations Joe!

Steve

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2009, 02:20:52 pm »
Thanks guys.  The frame isnt bad enough to fix now, its not the main frame rail that’s bent its the tube that the fuel line runs through.  I am still working on my video editing, I have been so busy I havent had a chance to get it chopped up.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2009, 11:06:52 am »
Got this message from DanH on the racing over in England:

"Hey Steve, been really busy lately with work, college and racing. (I'm doing college work now). Just had my fourth meeting this past Monday and things are going very well.
We run a graded roof system over here so the faster drivers start at the back and the not so fast at the front.
I had completed my first 3 rookie meetings off the back of the pack and now it was time for some proper racing.

Heat 1
I started outside row 2 and moved past the guy inside me (which was my dad) off the start, within two laps I had passed the 2nd place car and went after the leader but there were faster cars coming quickly and 3 passed me and I caught the initial leader and passed him getting a finish of 4th.

Heat2
Started inside second row and had a car I knew I could pass in front of me. 1st lap coming out of bend 2 there was some oil down that had not been cleared up properly and upon lining the car up in front and getting a run through the bend got loose on the oil and spun putting me at the back. Very annoyed I recovered to 11th from stone last.

The final started 11th and was 11th all the way through and on a restart got real sideways and pulled off when i thought i had a flat tyre when it was infact oil!

So ok day really learn lots just need to get my own car sorted for next season and i will be fighting for the title!"

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2009, 11:27:24 am »
This from the VMS Motorsports stable:

Opening Night for the Kart

VMS Motorsports kart pilot Myka Meyer brought her new Merlin chassis out for the first points race on Sunday, April 19th. Myka finished a career high 3rd place in her heat race, but unfortunately the rest of the program was cancelled due to weather

Opening Night for the Modified

Chris Johnson would be the first VMS Motorsports driver to hit the track for the 2009 racing season on Saturday night, April 18th. The crew had the modified set up for a heavy track, but the track proved otherwise. Chris fought the ill handling racecar throughout his heat race, spinning, and finishing in 7th position.

A myriad of changes were performed between the heat and the A Main to correct the set-up, but when the car was fired to go to staging, the clutch pedal went to the floor. After receiving help from a push truck, Chris got the #5 modified into gear, but had to start at the rear of the field.  The car was handling much better, and Johnson was able to maneuver through slower traffic up to a high of 8th position until a rear suspension problem ended the evening. Chris was credited with an 11th place finish on the night.

Come on guys and gals, Don't make me do all the work! Told you that I would post the good, bad, or ugly.  ;)

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2009, 03:47:37 pm »
Finished the car about a half hour before I had to leave for the track Friday night...finally. Drew pole for my heat, but didn't want to start anything after the 9 month layoff/first race since the wreck, so I started in the rear to feel it out, get re-aquainted. Passed a couple cars.

Started 11th in the Main, was running around 8th and spun myself into the infield. No contact and kept going. Dont know where I finished, somewhere a lap down. All in all I was happy, felt very comfortable in the car and didn't wreck anything...

Rained out tonight.  >:(

Jeff, you need to post the video from Friday, I bet it was pretty good, was a great race between you Brian and Eric from what I could see
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2009, 07:56:04 pm »
At Chilton this week I won my heat race and finished 2nd in the feature.  We had an amazing battle for 1st thru 3rd unfortunately my camera got covered with mud at the start so you cant see anything.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »
Hmph...bet it looked good from the stands anyway.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2009, 05:02:37 am »
The season opener for our local track (Electric City Speedway) got rained Friday night also.
They were sure giving it hell last night though! I could hear the engines screamin' from the Stocks and Modifieds during my breaks.
Man, I hate these weekend shifts!!!  :'(
No Legends or Bandos here though.  :(
LegendsNation posted an article about Montana Raceway Park; last weekends season opener.
http://www.legendsnation.com/2009_vault/legends_and_bandoleros/Montana_Raceway_Park_pr_5-5.html

Jim,
 Sorry to hear about the spin. Skip the dramatic stuff this year!  ;)  ;D
Glad you and car got home in one piece!!!  I know it's been a rough off season for you.
I'm still behind you brother!

Jeff,
 Congratulations on the heat win and the 2nd place finish in the main!
Check with Jim; Maybe he sells a windshied wiper or automatic tearoff for that camera.  :P

News from our friend free2race:
 Mitchel got rained out at Monroe.
Bummer!!! I was looking for some good news from Kendrick Racing.
Hopefully next week!  ;)
Keep the faith!

I hope to hear from some of our other Bando members as well. Chance and Tristan had a seepage problem with the track Friday night. Race Canceled. But were supposed to be running Saturday. Tristan's first race. I had to remind him not to forget to pack munchies for the day. Probably couldn't get him out of the car anyway!
I think he would sleep in it... If Mom would let him!  ;D

I also hope Tracy has some news from Bethel Motor Speedway for us.  :)

Everyone,
 Please keep the season's updates coming in. Post results, Pics, Videos... Whatever you got!!!
Most of you know me.... I LOVE Those Pics!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Best of Luck to ALL of the LegendsRacer Family!!!!!

Steve

Offline ethan54

« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2009, 10:13:22 pm »
I accomplished what i wanted to do on Friday and i'm happy. Ran the heat race and just tried to get used to the car and the track, and be able to run the feature. Finished the heat race just being put a lap down at the end of it. Then for the feature started to figure out the car after the last restart with about 5 laps to go. Gave all the leaders pleanty of room and brought the car home to run saturday(even though it got rained out). But now im ready for this saturday and looking forward to it.  :)

Here's a link to some pictures Steve http://www.legendsracing.com/Results/2009/CHILTON_5-08-09.htm
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54