Author Topic: What is the Preferred Legend Body Style?  (Read 14843 times)

Offline Melissa

What is the Preferred Legend Body Style?
« on: June 08, 2007, 03:11:48 am »
I'm having to upgrade my husband's 40 Ford Coup chassis to something that they actually still produce. (I was not aware of this last year when I bought it for him :o). Do drivers preferr the coup to the sedan and/or what about the ford/chevy frames?

Offline DARK AGE 53

Re: What is the Preferred Legend Body Style?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 04:01:42 am »
I'm having to upgrade my husband's 40 Ford Coup chassis to something that they actually still produce. (I was not aware of this last year when I bought it for him :o). Do drivers preferr the coup to the sedan and/or what about the ford/chevy frames?

I'm not sure if I understand your question, 600 Racing list three different chassis, 34 Ford Coupe, standard sedan and coupe chassis. As for what's the best style body that depends on what you like, most legend cars I see are coupes.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:41:28 am »
Melissa,
 My Dwarf Car is a 40 Ford coupe, just because I like the body style. I also bought an old Chevy sedan chassis for parts. The main difference that I see is the sedan has more room inside. I'm a pretty small guy, so room isn't much of an issue for me.
 Hope that helps.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Melissa

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »
What I was getting around to is that they no longer produce the replacement parts (chassis & body panels) for the 40 Ford Coupe. We did find some fenders-but that was it. I drive the 34  Coupe and love it. I would think that driving the Sedan places you too far inbetween axles and your not able to feel the rear grip (handleing) as good. (My jargon is not up to par yet in regards to this sport)

Offline 00h

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:34:17 am »
all coupe chassis and all sedan chassis are the same .only the differences are the way the doors open.also all chassis are the same dimensions from the front to the seat locations.what i mean is the driver sits in the same spot.head room is the same,leg room is the same.the rear of the roll cages is where they differ.it appears though that some tracks are more favorable to one style over the other.also driver preverence.some claim the sedans carry more rear weight than the coupes.here in vegas both styles have won,and some drivers have won in both.....mostly it comes down to your personal preference..

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:41:25 pm »
We have the 34 Ford Sedan, my husband feels less claustrophobic in it versus the coupe because of the open area behind the seat.  It makes the car itself seem a little bigger.  Another reason we also used the the screen on the windshield, a more open feeling and cooler.
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Voodoo

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:43:53 pm »
I like 34 coupes more than the others, but its only my opinion. Oh and I'll see ya tomorrow Melissa at AMS. I too run chargers (Blue 66) .

-Zach Weaver

anything