Author Topic: Rear Brakes For Dirt  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Rear Brakes For Dirt
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:38:50 am »
How far do you guys adjust your rear drums to trim rear brake out of the car?  Now without having a rear bias adjuster I am trying to figure out how to take some rear brake out of the car.  Or do you guys run normal brake adjustment?

www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Rear Brakes For Dirt
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:01 am »
I have been trying to get more brake in without draging them. Maybe we should switch cars......... ;D. As of now I just run them normal.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:36:19 am »
Back off as far as you can but still be able to lock the wheels when off the ground for tech (as if they really tech us that hard)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:48:27 am »
Last week I had my rear brake valve completely closed and I was just thinking if it would have worked better with more rear brake.  The car pushed really bad when I used the brakes so I just tried not to use them much.  I wonder if I put more rear brake in the car if it wouldnt help set the car on entry.  I have the rears trimmed out a lot right now so I will give that a try.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 05:54:46 pm »
If it is pushing, give yourself a more rear brake to help it turn.  Usually you would want more rear brake than front on dirt, but with the limited suspension on these cars you might not be able to use too much. 

Offline Team510Racing.com

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:32:25 pm »
Do you  guys run small dirt tracks or big tracks?  Cause  most tracks on dirt you shouldn have to  use brakes... I personally set them to drag a little since i don't use them... If u let off gas then hit brakes it will upset the car...But sometimes you do have to use brakes.. Not saying don't use them just giving u what i do...There are so many different ways out there.. You have to fins your way because nothing works the same for 2 different people... My brother and I Have close but not the exact same set-ups....
Paul McCollum

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 10:14:14 pm »
Todd that explains why you run into everything...... lol just kidding
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Team510Racing.com

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 07:51:15 am »
No Vern this is Paul LOL... I am the one who hits everything when i got a good car lolol....Actually i have decided if my season starts like last year and  I get destroyed again like i did at susky.. I will sell everything.. Not dealing with any of that crap anymore.. Not worth it to me anymore...

See ya soon Paul
Paul McCollum

anything