Author Topic: Squaring the front?  (Read 7016 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Squaring the front?
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:31:20 pm »
I see on here you guys show how to square the rear but not the front, how do you guys do it.  From past experience I would measure forward off the bar you square the rear off but I am curious how you guys do it.
Thanks,
Jeff

www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline legendcar49

Re: Squaring the front?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:50:25 pm »
I don't know how you could square the front of the car ??? 
You can make the wheelbase on both sides of the car  the same .
The lower control arms will not be square with anything.   Caster split  on the front wheels will make it impossible for the control arms to be at the same angle.

I don't know if I explained this very. I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Bob Johnson     

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:00:11 pm »
I am talking about the lower control arms, you should have the lower ball joints equal distance to the rearend on both sides.  Then set caster with the upper trailing arm, thats how I did it on the late model.  I am curious if you guys do that too or if you try to lead the RF or run them the same distance.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline legendcar49

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:10:14 pm »
If your lower ball joints are the same distance from the housing on both sides your right side wheelbase will be to short.
If it is legal on the right - chances are you would be to long on the left.

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:47 am »
when we set up the front end the lowers' are going to be equal distance across the shock tower, depending if you want to lead with the right or left that is the side that will move, the other will stay static to the rear end at 73" +/- , you would need to get your caster on  the set side before squaring rear. I hope this makes sense.

rob
teamjnr.com

anything