LEGENDS > Lubrication

Valvoline VR1 oil

(1/3) > >>

jweite:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone used the Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil? I am getting ready to change the oil for the first time in my car that I bought used a few weeks ago. I am not sure how to find out if this oil is compatible with a wet clutch system. How much oil will be needed with a 2 pass oil cooler and are there any tricks that I should know about? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

thunder938:
I am not going to discuss oils.  There are so many opinions that you will learn nothing, talk to other driver that you race will and see what they run or talk / e-mail a builder like Hank.  As for how much, fill the motor somewhere around 4  quarts. I pull that cam cover bolt near the fire wall and on the exhaust side and crank it until I get oil coming out of that bolt hole.  That is the last place the oil would be before returning to the pan.  Once I know that motor has had oil moved through it. Start it up.  Oil level should be 1/3 to ½ up in the site glass on the clutch cover at idle.

Dave

jweite:
Thanks Dave that helps

Joe

justfreaky:
Hi Joe,
 Read some of the other threads on lubrication.
The VR1 IS compatible with the wet clutch system.

Steve

VMS Motorsports:
Oh boy, here we go again. Sorry to disagree with you Steve, but in checking the following link:

www.valvoline.com/products/VR-1%20Racing%20Motor%20Oil.pdf

Valvoline states at the end of the 1st paragraph on page 2:

"Valvoline VR-1 Racing Motor Oil is not recommended for use in wet clutches(use Valvoline 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil)."

Don't worry, I'll stop here and not get up on my Amsoil soapbox!!!!
 ;D :D ;D :D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version