Author Topic: WOW, this sucks  (Read 16549 times)

Offline elimn8u_43

Re: WOW, this sucks
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 07:25:14 pm »
You could talk to your current sponsors and explain your situation. Maybe you could talk a little more out of each of them for the engine fund. Good luck and don't give up!

Geoff

Only problem with this is I can see someone saying "You blew your motor, cant buy a new one unless I give you more money? How 'bout you give me BACK my money since you wont be carrying out your half of the bargain and advertising my business".
Just a thought...

I guess things are different down there ;D. Any of my sponsors would be more than willing to kick in a little extra given the circumstances. When I blew my engine last season I even had the other racers trying to help me out. I was offered someone elses seat in a brand new car for this season until  mine was ready. I would rather run my own gear and mine will be ready ;).

Geoff

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 09:25:32 pm »
My parents just told me tonight. IM officially done racing for now. They cannot provide any more money. I will sell my car for 3,000$ as a roller. Then i will save like hell and buy a new car next year? IDk. im just really bummed. Its alot for a 16 year old to handle at once.
the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:21 am »
Tyler,
 Any chance your parents will let you keep the car; then let You work like hell to repair it?
What about you buying the car from them?

Just some random thoughts.

Best of luck to you!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 11:39:04 am »
If they will let you keep the car, you might be able to just do some appearances at your sponsors businesses or something while getting the money together for a new engine. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 03:48:08 am »
Tyler,
 Any updates???

Steve

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 10:29:57 am »
yes, actually. The car is sold. I have to just drop it off after memorial day weekend, because i negotiated a deal with my sponosors that if i show it off memorial day weekend, they wont make me give all their money back. Actually, just my main sponsor asked for half back.  :-\ this whole situation sucks. I know if i just had the chance i could have done very well in this sport, now i have to wait till highschool ends. Seems like if you want to be a professional now, you might as well drop outta highschool, except dont worry im going to college first also.  :) but after that who knows.
the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 10:37:37 am »
Good to hear that you plan to continue school.
Alright; So time to regroup.
Find some work for the summer and start socking away money.
You'll be back in a race car before you know it!

Best of Luck!!!!

Steve

PS,
 Stick around on the site. Never know what might happen.

anything