Author Topic: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!  (Read 73143 times)

Offline WIGGLES84

Re: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2013, 09:26:39 am »
The box was in perfect shape.  USPS also has a flat rate box , about $5 that your kit would fit into.  With some bubble wrap it should be no problem ,and you don't have to pay for boxes.

Jeff

Yeah, I've tried the small flat rate box and its to small for the gauge. I would have to step up to the medium box. flat rate is like $13-$15. I could just use the box and pay by the weight and it would be the same as with my box.
(To be honest, I'm one of those people that looks at the box\package that stuff comes in. Not to the point where I won't buy something just because of the packaging. I'm a fan of Apple's packaging and the box my GS4 came in was nice too.)

Andrew
(packaging weirdo ;D )
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline N4Racing

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2013, 03:57:29 pm »
I understand!  It is all one big package that you send to people.  The 1st impression means a lot.

Jeff

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2013, 06:12:37 pm »
The box was in perfect shape.  USPS also has a flat rate box , about $5 that your kit would fit into.  With some bubble wrap it should be no problem ,and you don't have to pay for boxes.

Jeff

Yeah, I've tried the small flat rate box and its to small for the gauge. I would have to step up to the medium box. flat rate is like $13-$15. I could just use the box and pay by the weight and it would be the same as with my box.
(To be honest, I'm one of those people that looks at the box\package that stuff comes in. Not to the point where I won't buy something just because of the packaging. I'm a fan of Apple's packaging and the box my GS4 came in was nice too.)

Andrew
(packaging weirdo ;D )
What size boxes do you need? I have a few different sizes that I buy in quantity, could give you a few when you need them
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2013, 06:27:43 am »

Jeff

Andrew
(packaging weirdo ;D )
What size boxes do you need? I have a few different sizes that I buy in quantity, could give you a few when you need them

I'm using 8*8*3 mailer boxes from uline, with my works discount of coarse. I had got them for my custom emblem project on the MK6 Gti. If I go much smaller on the box, the shipping label won't fit either.

Right now I really have to figure out faster processes to bring down my hands on time for making these so I can keep the price where it's at. It's currently costing me $15 +  for paypal fees, shipping & insurance and of course the packaging ;D

Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2013, 09:49:22 am »
Well, It's been about two weeks since I messaged those on the list and I still 3 kits left.  So I am going to offer them up to the rest of the forum.  Price is still $200 shipped in the lower 48. If you are else where I'll still ship it to you, but you'll have to pick up the extra cost.

Just send a message and we'll take it from there.

For those on the list, I'll keep you on the top for the next run until you tell me other wise.

As for the future of this project, I'm not sure where it will end up ??? I haven't gotten any new names to add to the list.  So for now I'm going to put it to the side and focus on my CNC mill conversion. Once interest comes back around I'll start working on it again. No sense in putting a bunch of time it these for them to sit till next race season  :-\

Once there's a few new names on the list I'll start making them again.  Just don't wait until a week before the season starts, chances are you won't see any kits for a few races! ;D

Andrew

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:37 am »
Things are usually slower from now until the end of January, at least that's been my experience.
Then people get ramped up for next season after a little break
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2013, 11:07:02 am »
Things are usually slower from now until the end of January, at least that's been my experience.
Then people get ramped up for next season after a little break

Yeah, that's what I was figuring. 

And this is the time of the year that things slow down at work and it's easier to work on side projects vs working over time. Guess I'll just have to work on projects that cost me moneys vs making me moneys ::)

Andrew

Offline xfire62

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:38 pm »
I sent you a pm with my info, I'm interested in getting one of your kits.

Bill

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2013, 10:01:29 am »
Just rapped up helping Legends16 with troubleshooting a non working install of one of my Digital Gear Indicator Kits. In the end it turned out to be the contact point had to large of a flat on the end from years of shifting.

http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=3259.0

There's a few ways get around this happening in the future:

*Make sure the contacts stick out past the plate (not sure I like that idea)

*Make sure the contacts are flush with plate and warn everyone that it may not work depending on the wear on your contact point (easiest on my end, but not the way I like to do things)
Currently the contacts are flush or just below the surface maybe 1/16 of a turn or less.

*Offer the contact point as part of the kit (best option in my eyes, even if you don't need you'll have it if the aluminum plate wears down the one you have faster?)

What do you think? leaning toward option 3 myself

Andrew

Offline tdubk

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2013, 04:39:00 am »
Do you have a site or anywhere to purchase these? or are you just taking orders here?
Thanks,
Ian

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:18 am »
Do you have a site or anywhere to purchase these? or are you just taking orders here?
Thanks,
Ian
Just contact him through here
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2013, 01:56:18 pm »
Thanks,
Ian

sent you a Message, but will answer here for others get the info.

I am currently only selling these thru this forum and locally.

If Ian ends up buying a kit I maybe sold out until the next production round, I have one other sale pending.

The plan is to start the next round of production in the new year. I'm thinking of focusing on the sending unit, a replacement "neutral switch" unit ( just the neutral wire ) and neutral switch delete plate ( just a plate to cover the opening ).  Then make gauges to sell the full kits.

Andrew

Offline DBH Racing

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2018, 02:51:10 pm »
Andrew,
Are you still making a Digital Gear Indicator Kit? 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2018, 01:21:42 am »
Jim (VMS Motorsports) has his contact information. Give him a call at the number above. Andrews gear indicator units are the best! Very well made.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.