Author Topic: Legends Road Course Tracks in Northeast?  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Bart23Sept

Legends Road Course Tracks in Northeast?
« on: March 06, 2018, 09:19:10 am »
Hi everyone,

New guy here, just looking for info to see where Legends cars are road raced, anywhere from South Jersey Motorsport to Lime Rock.  I'm in central NJ.

Is there a list of tracks somewhere that I could refer to? 

Have been looking but can't find anything.

Thanks!
Bart

Offline Bart23Sept

Re: Legends Road Course Tracks in Northeast?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:47:15 am »
I had previously surfed the US Legend Cars site with my phone and didn't see the Contact Us link.  Found it and contacted Laila who explained a lot of the schedules haven't been posted yet but she told me where to look.....

http://www.inexseries.com/become-a-member/schedule/

....and how to sign up for text alerts.

If anyone knows though, which tracks have Legend events, generally speaking, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Bart

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:44:40 pm »
I know Jim is planning for Wisconsin again this year at USA. I don't know the dates. Maybe he will post those for us.

Check the websites in the areas you would like to race. Most tracks are just starting to post their schedules.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline kgirard19

• Go Motorsports Shop
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:11 pm »
Hi Bart! It's a little more North than you mentioned, but we have road course racing at a couple tracks up here. One series is at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Moat Mountain Road Course Series), about 14 races total I believe. Each road course weekend we have one race Saturday and one race Sunday, both preceded by a 20 minute practice/qual session. Their schedule is on their facebook page (Granite State Legend Cars.)

Additionally Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park in Thompson, CT runs some legend road course races throughout the year. it's a beautiful track that was just completely redone a few years ago.

Both tracks use a 2.93 rear gear with the current engine package at least. You can find Thompsons schedule in the link below. Hope to see you up here!

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/sites/default/files/upload/files/2018%20Legends%20General%20Info.pdf
www.GoMotorsportsShop.com
Kevin Girard Jr.
#19 Pro Division

Offline Bart23Sept

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 06:31:27 pm »
thanks for the replies guys.  i'm just starting the process of figuring out which organization to join up with and where to race but Legend cars look affordable and competitive so just waiting to see where they race.  I'm not very close to any road course tracks, not exactly close to asphalt or dirt ovals either so if I'm going to drive it will be for a road course.

thanks again!

anything