Author Topic: lightweight driveshaft  (Read 4890 times)

Offline late8

lightweight driveshaft
« on: December 21, 2017, 12:20:43 am »
What makes the driveshaft a lightweight one is it just the front yoke? I'm very confused please explain the difference between the two driveshafts and how you can tell which one you have? also is it worth going to a l/w driveshaft?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: lightweight driveshaft
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:37:18 pm »
I really don't have a good answer for you. I thought I read that the lightweight driveshaft was also made of slightly thinner material. Could not find the info to back that up. I believe that one is painted white and the other is painted gray ("As deliverd by ..."). This may not be the best way to tell, as a lot of tracks require the driveshaft to be painted white. Is it worth going to a l/w driveshaft? Well, it would create less reciprocating mass.

Sorry I don't have a good answer for you. Hopefully, someone that is "more in the know" will give you the answers.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:05:33 am »
The tube is typically the same material. The weight is the front and rear yoke assemblies. Rotating mass is the theory that the advantage is based on. Is it worth it? It's like everything else, depends on how far do you want to get into detail. If you make every advantage change out there it's a piece of the pie. Is it a magic bullet? No. It's not an advantage that you may notice on the clock if it's the only change you made.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 01:38:56 pm »
Thank You, Dennis!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything