Author Topic: why is one side different  (Read 7369 times)

Cweaver

why is one side different
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:35:54 am »
my left front tire spines free but my right side doesn't i have rebulit it many time and got different pads and when driving i hit the breaks and it pulls to the right can any one help?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: why is one side different
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:19:17 am »
Are you using a brake proportioning valve?
Is it hooked up, or set, properly?
Are your rotors square and true?
Are the calipers mounted square, true, and securely?
Are you using the same brake pads and compounds on both left and right?
What master cylinder (s) are you using?
INEX/ 600 racing legal, or SCCA or some other rules?

If your running ovals, you want to have the left side front brake help "pull" you into the turn.
If your proportioning valve is hooked up wrong, or set improperly, you are likely getting too much pressure to the right front brake. Hence, "pulls to the right".
If your rotors and calipers are not square and true; then it could be part of your problem.
If you are using different brake pad compounds, and/ or manufactures, could also cause problems.

I'm just tossing out ideas here.
Don't have enough info to go on. And don't know what type of track surface and course you are running. I'm sure there are a bunch of folks here that want to help you get up front. If you would like, you can PM me (or anyone) or Email. We'll try to give you the best advice we can.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:22:10 pm »
How much of the car's history do you know?  Do any of the brake lines have "softeners" or restrictors in them? 

Are the axle nuts tightened the same on both sides?  (shouldn't make much difference while braking, but can have a big difference on how much resistance you notice while trying to spin the wheel)

Is there a brake bias valve, and if so, is it hooked up the way you think it is.  Are you adjusting a bias for right to left, but it's actually setup for front to back?

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 08:11:09 pm »
Another thing to check is the piston size in the caliper. There is a 2" or 2 1/8" available. Make sure that they are both the same size.

Geoff

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:45:32 am »
If you know anyone that has a brake preasure gauge that screws into the bleader valve, you can check and see if you are getting equal preasure side to side.