Street Legal Legends > General

Lifting A Legend Car

<< < (3/3)

justfreaky:
Looks like that worked out well for you!
Are those the lifts from Harbor Freight?

Steve

El Gringo:
The lifts worked fine and it's a very solid method. Raising it could have been better coordinated, the jack on the new lift was a bit faster than the old one so we stopped a few times to check the level from side to side. Once it's raised you put the safety bar in place which stops it from lowering when the jacks bleed off. This is the low position, the high position would add another 6 to 8 inches.

The foot pump is on the same side of each lift so I need to get a piece of square stock welded to the rod on one of them so I can put the pedal on the opposite side. Other than lifting it to transport it, I don't see a problem. My little Miller MIG welder can probably do it but I'm not real good with heavy material. Maybe I'll ask around and find one of my friends to come over and do it so I don't have to lift it.

justfreaky:
Is there a way to tie the lines together so that both sides raise at the same rate?

El Gringo:
No, it uses bottle jacks laying on their sides and the foot pump is operating it like a lever normally would.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version