Street Legal Legends > General

Lifting A Legend Car

(1/3) > >>

El Gringo:
Now that I have a car, I want to lift it up so my back don't quit on me. I have a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift that measures 27" wide by 87" long. I am thinking of welding up a ladder looking device made of 1-1/2" square tube to bolt to the lift so it will be about as long as the car. I have not tried it yet and the pump may not be up to it.

I would really appreciate any ideas that others have come up with. I know I can buy a lift for around $1,500 but I would rather spend that 1,500 on parts for the car. So, how do I do it? Your ideas are needed so, come on now help this poor ole cripple man raise the car.

justfreaky:
There are a few old threads about this. Check out this thread: http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=115.0
Perhaps that will give you ideas.

Steve

El Gringo:
Steve, many of those links are dead, since it is a 2007 posting I guess that's understandable. The one selling plans didn't look real trust worthy in the way it used credit cards. The one that really looked cheap and easy was posted by a guest user and he never did come back with the details of the build.

The search goes on.

Legends57x:
El Gringo, Northern Tool sells a Atlas high lift pallet jack for $650. Minimum lift 3 1/4" & maximum lift 33", 2200 lb. capacity. I have a similar lift in my shop for past several years, works great.

El Gringo:
57X,  The shipping to my zip code 79108 is 326.52 for a total of 976.51  I may get one but I'll try a few things first.
 Thanks for the information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version