Street Legal Legends > General

Street Legal

<< < (2/5) > >>

El Gringo:
Legend57X, I really want a coupe and prefer the 37's over the 34's. which means it's probably going to be an older car. Old don't bother me because I've passed that stage and working on ancient.
 There seems to be some Legend activity in eastern Oklahoma which would be closest to me in Amarillo Texas. If anyone knows those guys tell them I'm looking. I have found the 95 car located in Tulsa and will probably get it if he still has it when I can make time to go get it. But, you can never have too many parts. My hobbies run to the extreme and I have about 50 guitars left over from my music days, a Goldwing, a Sportster, and a Chopper that I still ride. But, I still have some room left in my work shop I need to fill up.

justfreaky:
Check the Just Legends page on Facebook and also www.racingjunk.com. You should be able to find some cars in Texas.
Dave and Justin Comer, Joplin, Mo. (MoLegends,  (417) 499-2225) usually have a few cars for sale as well.

Steve

El Gringo:
I have looked in those places, racingjunk.com is where I found the car in Tulsa. That car will work and I hope to get it. I have not used my car trailer in at least 10 years and the laws have changed in Texas on trailers with a capacity of over 4,000 pounds. I have to take my trailer to the police station to have the (non existing) Vin number checked. I traded a 16 foot cargo trailer and cash for it about 15 years ago and neither of us had a title as it was not needed in those days. I called yesterday to find out how to get it done and they only do it on Wednesdays at 9:00 AM and yesterday was Wednesday so I have to wait a week. And, I also need to replace all four tires on the trailer due to weather cracks. If he still has the car when I get sorted out, I'll get it.

It would seem that there would be a lot of cracked and broken fenders for the older coupes laying around somewhere. I would like to find some because I know I want to add some width to the stock fenders and it would be a lot easier if I could cut the needed material from old fenders. The few street legal cars I have found do not have enough text and pictures to see how they were built. I have built a lot of custom cars in my younger years so I'll get it done but seeing what others have done makes it easier.

Legends57x:
El Gringo, Just thought you might want to get in touch with the guy in Wisconsin as that car is equipped as listed with a speedometer that you were asking about and maybe he could help you out with that.  I personally do not the gentlemen who has this car of sale. Good luck!

El Gringo:
Great idea, I'll get on it right now.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version