Street Legal Legends > General

Street Legal

(1/5) > >>

El Gringo:
Hello Everyone, I am doing some very serious thinking about buying an older 37 Ford Coupe car to convert to a toy. I want to harass some of my old hotrod friends by driving it to the cruise nights. I have just about found the answer to most my questions but can not figure out if the generator will put out enough power to support the lighting. If it has not been modified I think it would. I have a gazillion lights on my Goldwing with no problem. Once I convert it, it will never race again because I'm 72 years old. I have the knowledge and skills to do the work if my back does not quit on me.
 So, anyone know about the generator?

justfreaky:
There are several street legal legends cars running around the country. To the best of my knowledge, they are using the stock alternator.
There is a good Facebook page, Street Legal Legends Cars, that you may want to check out.

Steve

El Gringo:
I looked on Facebook and found the group you mentioned. I found just what I wanted, contacted the Lady in Alabama that listed it for sale, and now she doesn't want to sell it. The search goes on.
 I wonder how a person could install a speedometer in a Legend car?

Legends57x:
El Gringo,  You may want to contact this person as this street legal Legend car has been for sale for awhile now. Good luck!

http://www.racingjunk.com/Dwarf-Legends/182269820/STREET-LEGAL-LEGEND-RACE-CAR-1937-Chevy-Sedan.html?page=5&categoryId=73&offset=40&from=category

justfreaky:
There is a guy here in Montana that had his street legal legends car for sale. I have no clue if he still has it or not.
It's fairly easy to title a car here in Montana. Some states have tighter restrictions on "kit cars" or "home built" cars.
Regardless; They are fairly easy to convert.

As for a speedometer; Just use the stock speedo from the bike and have a cable made to fit or do some testing and drive with the tach. If your rocketing past traffic, you are likely going too fast. LOL!!! Get ahold of some of the people on the site and ask what they do.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version