Author Topic: How You Doing In 2008  (Read 151721 times)

Offline Bando 9

• Go big or go home
Re: How You Doing In 2008
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:04 pm »
i have more pics i will put them on later.

Chance 8)
Try your best at the track or dont come !

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2008, 12:50:39 pm »
Chance,
 Those trophys are lookin' awesome!!!
Congratulations!!!
Gonna have to build you a trophy case now.  ;)

Next time;
Post pics of the Trophy Girl.
 :) :D ;D
 :P :P :P

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Bando 9

• Go big or go home
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2008, 01:34:52 pm »
i have a troffy case and there r no troffy girls.

Chance 8)
Try your best at the track or dont come !

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2008, 05:11:51 pm »
Not so good of a weekend. Just to put it plain a simple"got tore up". Started fourth in a 24 car A main (30cars all together)and some guy from row 3 thought he could win in the first turn on the first lap. Oh well, she is going back togeter already. Still finished 19th and the thing would hardly steer.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2008, 05:17:58 pm »
2 top 10's this weekend...7th Friday and 10th Saturday...funny when you look at the 600 points, we have so many semi-pro drivers (a couple that shouldn't be...like you Jeff!  ;D ) that I still only got a 4th and a 5th in semi-pro points...not that it matters, we probably wont even get the 20 races in this year! I guess its good that we are getting more people into the sport tho!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2008, 05:28:59 pm »
Congrats on the top 10's Jim!!!

Keep On Keepin' On!

Steve

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2008, 09:33:54 am »
Lol Jim, I know I really shouldnt be a semi pro but I sure am not good enough to be a pro yet.  I am planning a road trip to get some more dirt races just in case we get another rain out.  I think I have a decent shot at the national championsip if I keep the class win streak going but we cant have anymore rain outs!

I am on a string of 3 top fives and I am really starting to get the car figured out.  I finally got a heat race win this past Saturday, I never cared about them in the late model.  I dont know how many heat race and trophy dash wins I have but its got to be about 20 or so.  But this was my first win on dirt so I was pretty pumped.  Hopefully by the end of the summer I can be in contention to win a feature but thats a stretch with the awesome talent I race with.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:53 am »
I know I have been a little quiet on the forum since race season started.  We have had so much going on.  We are now offering shop and set up services.  We had our first clietn last night to get a gear change done in the car. 

As for the racing part I have been focused on our State championship as my goal for the year.  We have had 5 rain outs compaired to the other series which has only 2.  I am going to have to visit some other tracks to make up those dates.  I hope I don't jinx anything but I am currently leading out state championship.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2008, 10:54:02 am »
Just ribbing ya... Jeff "Superstar" Steenbergen, it is odd that they put you in 'semi' though, with 8 years of prior experience and 'stepping down' to our series...600 website states that "The Semi-Pro Division is the novice class, featuring the drivers that are new to the sport or have been inactive in other forms of racing for a while" You might be doing better in points if you were listed as "pro", since we only have 3 pro drivers, Joey, Joel, and Brian, plus Bethany, but she hasnt been around much this year...top 4 in class no matter what ya do!...anyway, I'll let that go for now  ;)
Where are you going to travel to? I was thinking about the 3 day swing through North Dakota at the end of August, but it falls on the last night at Charter, so I dont think I'll do it...unless theres 100% guaranteed rain here! Grant looked good this weekend for his first times out.

See you Saturday for the World of Outlaws show

Note to the rest of the forum...I am not part of the "awesome talent" that Jeff referred to in his post  ;D :D :) :-[ :'(
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:08 am »
Going into this I figured I would be in the Pro class but everyone I talked to told me to sign up for Semi-Pro. 

I was looking at the ND races too but I dont want to miss a WLDRS race.  Right now my only race scheduled is 8-22 at Davenport, IA but I am still looking at Sept. to see if I can find something else.  If anyone knows of some dirt racing in Sept. around the midwest let me know.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2008, 12:35:49 pm »
Might be a little bit of a haul for you, but here is a link to the schedule for the Missouri legends.  There is a three day swing September 5th, 6th, and 7th.  Maybe I will actually have my car running by then.   :)

http://www.molegendscars.com/schedule_results.htm

John

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2008, 02:09:59 pm »
Little bit behind in posts in this thread, but I'll start off with my first night at the track. Charter Raceway Park, same as Jim and Jeff.

July 5, to start off I only live about 8 miles from the track. So I borrowed a barely big enough trailer for a Legend car to get to the track. And by barely big enough I mean the bumpers where hanging off and it was scary to load and unload.  ;D  So I go and line up for some hot laps. My turn to go out and just my luck the engine won't turn over  :-\ yeah I forgot to charge the battery before I left so it died. Rolled the car back to the pit, and was able to hook up Jeff's battery charger before the heat races.

I had some fun in my heat race. I got to miss a wreck and race with someone. I ended up 6th, but I got beat for 5th by only a foot or two. That put me in the B main with 12 cars total. The b mains are 15 laps long and I was glad that I was going to get some extra laps. The car never felt right to me. Tight in, loose off but I was just trying to make laps. I had a spin off turn 4 with 6 laps to go, but didn't hit anything or get hit.

So good night, didn't have to fix anything for the next one.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »
Arent you going to tell us about your leading 14 of the 15 laps in the B Main last weekend and having a 20 car length lead until your right axle broke????? Brag DJ...Ive never finished 2nd in any kind of race!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2008, 02:18:15 pm »
Yeah DJ you did an awesome job in the B-main!  You really dominated that race, I dont know where you picked up the speed from but you looked awesome.  Also you did a great job of hanging on to the car after the axle broke.  I had an axle break in my late model twice and that is a big handful.  Keep up the good work and paint your car ;D
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2008, 02:22:44 pm »
He neglected to tell us that part.  :o
2nd place after a broken axle is still a Great Finish!
Glad you got it home in one piece.

Steve

anything