Author Topic: How You Doing In 2008  (Read 151755 times)

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
Re: How You Doing In 2008
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2008, 02:40:43 pm »
July 19 - Second race ever. Basically I was just trying to get all the laps in without crashing :) Finished last in my heat with a car that still felt way off setup wise. Talked to a few drivers changed all 4 tire pressures and went out and finished 12th in the A main. First time making the A and I got all the laps in and felt up to speed.

July 25 - Decided to travel up to Chilton and race on a little quarter mile track that I have never seen before. Came with a complete different setup, all 4 springs, ride height, pinion angle, most everything was changed. Got 6th in my heat, took the whole race to get used to the track and how to drive it. Was really loose too. We ended up measuring all the tires and found out I had a + 1/2 inch of stagger in the car. Ended up racing with - 1/8 stagger after we moved some tires around. Helped a lot in the feature. Was really good in 3 and 4 but tight in 1 and 2. Maybe I just couldn't find a line that was good for me. I did get comfortable flying into the turns sideways and not hardly touching the brake. That ended up helping me Saturday night :)

Don't worry guys I got video of that B - main. The first 12 laps at least, the video stopped in turn 4 when that axle broke. I will brag in my next post with links to that video and one from Chilton.

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2008, 04:09:23 pm »
Great job saturday DJ. It was a lot of fun to race with you for all those laps!  You racing this saturday? I need my revenge! LOL. I think I did alright for my first time on dirt. I just need to get my speeds through the turns better. My asphalt skills arent doing me much good here! LOL

Grant
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2008, 05:46:52 pm »
I think I am just going to take the brake pedal out of both our cars this week.  ;D
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:05 pm »
It was great racing you Friday and Saturday night Grant. You did a good job adjusting, and making the A your first night out. My first night I didn't make it to the A. We sure did get a lot of laps though  8)

hey look at the #37

Offline Openwheeler37

« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2008, 07:30:27 pm »
I think I am just going to take the brake pedal out of both our cars this week.  ;D

No joke!! I guess for the next race ill just have to grab my balls and not use the brake!

Offline bback58

« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2008, 07:39:54 pm »
Hey there VMS,  It is good to hear you are thinking of making a trip to ND.  I hope you can make it.  If you can't make it for August 29 - 31 in Minot, we have a few races the next weekend.  Thursday, Sept 4th in Wishek (South central part of the state) - a very nice smaller track (big 1/4 mile I think) and then a 2 day show on Saturday & Sunday, Sept 6 & 7 in Dickinson on the Western border of the state.  That is a nice 3/8 mile track.  It is a  tossup on which one of these tracks is my favorite to race on.   Also, on Saturday, Sept 13th we have a race in Grand Forks (Eastern border) so that would be a lot closer and give you some weekend travel time.  We don't normally race there - it is a special event for us.  I understand it is a 1/4 mile track, but I have never seen it.  It should be a fun time and I don't expect there to be a lot of cars as it is a long trip for us to make.

I plan to head to Cedar Lake Speedway for their big Badger Nationals Sept 26 & 27.  Maybe we will get a chance to meet up face to face at one of these races. 

Race safe.

Brian B.
Dakota Legends #58
www.backesracing.com
Brian B

Offline Openwheeler37

« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:30 pm »
It was great racing you Friday and Saturday night Grant. You did a good job adjusting, and making the A your first night out. My first night I didn't make it to the A. We sure did get a lot of laps though  8)

hey look at the #37

Thats a nice pic Dj...Where did you get that?

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2008, 07:55:15 pm »
On our series website www.legendsracing.com
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

FFmedic

« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2008, 10:18:37 pm »
Hey Brian... don't forget to mention the World Of Outlaws on August 16th!!!!   

Would be awesom for any of you guys on here to make it to ND for a few races.

Joe Gartner
Dakota Legends #93

FFmedic

« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2008, 10:23:10 pm »
Been awhile since I posted and I'm sorry for that.

Been really enjoying myself!!! Been finishing races all yr.  Average around the 10th i would guess.  Had a few top 10s and acouple below that.  But I have been starting to feel alot more comfortable in the car.  Had a blast in Dickinson ND, on july 5th.  Finished 7th but ran hard and also ran with the top guys.  Big double header this weekend in Mandan ND, the Govenors classic is one of the biggest race weekends in ND.  Changed my setup a bit so hopefully it will help out.  One thing I did find out though this season is that the bigger steering wheel is the way to go.  Way more control.

Later guys.... stay safe

Joe
Dakota Legends #93

Offline bback58

« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2008, 11:02:20 pm »
The Legends cars will be the support class for the World of Outlaws in Mandan on August 16th.  The club is checking to find out if they will be limiting the number of cars we can run, so it might not be open to all.  I will let you know when I find something out.  Do they limit the number of Legends cars they race with the WoO at Beaver Dam??

Brian B
Dakota Legends #58
www.backesracing.com
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2008, 08:00:17 am »
I believe the INEX rule is 24 cars on the track unless you recieve a special exemption...I know alot of people didnt make the show for the WoO last year...including me (wrecked by an asphalt guy...his first time on dirt). Our WoO show is this Saturday...come on up! We are racing Sept 5th and 7th, so that wont work either...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Bando 9

• Go big or go home
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2008, 10:13:28 am »
Have fun in the WoO race and i hope u can win it.

Chance 8)
Try your best at the track or dont come !

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2008, 09:39:48 pm »
Yea we only start 24 cars. That makes it hard when you have 30 or 40 cars that show up. We have a b main but sometimes it is only 8 laps so if you start deep in the field your screwed.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2008, 09:21:23 am »
8 laps is crazy for a "b"...ours are 15 laps, Ive seen other tracks that will run as many laps as cars, ie 10 cars in the b equals 10 laps...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/