Author Topic: Buying a used Legend  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Limmet

Buying a used Legend
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:47:40 pm »
Hello
I'm thinking of buying a legend that is from 1999
Since it is not a new car I wonder what is the diffrens between year models? Is there perhaps any document that can be read as it is what has been developed on the cars through time? Excuse my bad English..

Offline late8

Re: Buying a used Legend
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »
the only real change is in 1995 I believe is thin wall tubing cars besides that they really haven't changed to the point you cant update them any concerns call inex with the vin number on chassis and engine number

Offline Legends16

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:15:32 pm »
the only real change is in 1995 I believe is thin wall tubing cars besides that they really haven't changed to the point you cant update them any concerns call inex with the vin number on chassis and engine number

This is your best bet. Older chassis with the smaller tubing is outlawed, other than that...

Styles have changed and have become more forgiving for taller drivers. Tall guys like myself (6ft 2) would have a hard time in a bubble top coupe, sedans are bit more forgiving.

Good luck!

Eric

Offline Limmet

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »
Ok thankyou:)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »
Check the rulebook to make sure updates have been done or what updates you will have to do. I know they went to aluminum spindles (vs the old steel ones).
Check out these threads:
http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=288.0
http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=72.0

I hope that helps.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.