Author Topic: Tach Settings on 1250 Sealed  (Read 6203 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Tach Settings on 1250 Sealed
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:21:39 am »
I have seen people’s opinions on Tach's in these cars, I respect them but I have always used a Tach and will learn this lesson the hard way.

With that said I purchased a Tach and will be installing it this week. It has a shift light and red light.

What RPM should the shift light be set at? Also where is the redline in the RedBoX ignition? 

does anyone know what RPM range these cars make the most and consistent power?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Tach Settings on 1250 Sealed
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »
John,

Is this a tach for a car or for a bike?
If a tach for a car, you will have to do a little rewiring to get it to work correctly.
As far as your question; Hopefully someone will give you the answers as to redline and rpm info. (I do not run this engine, so can't tell you)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:02 am »
The tach was purchased from US Legends. I would assume it is for a bike. But since it comes from US legends, I will also assume it should be a direct install or close to it.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:43 pm »
I don't think I've seen one with a shift light. Nice touch! Not sure you will have time to pay much attention to it either.
I don't know where the shift light hooks up; But if it is a USLC part then it should be an easy hook up. Perhaps Randy or someone can help with the correct hook up.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything