Author Topic: Need some information on event organization.  (Read 10351 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Need some information on event organization.
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:50 pm »
The appeal of running a season on one set of tires has sparked my interest in running Dirt. Since US Legends has been slow as Whale Poop in posting the season schedule I have been searching local track websites for a track where I could run my Legend on Dirt, which I have had no luck. I contacted a local 1/4 mile dirt track which has featured legends in the past and ran into a problem.

The track is East Lincoln Speedway, home of the Legend Dirt Modified. The ELS representative told me they had wrote the 600 group and received no reply, therefore they would not be featuring legends this year. Why would they not reply to a track wanting to feature their cars? Especially when they have had a relationship in the past. This track is 20 min from my home, it is much to my advantage for them to run legends especially if they have interest in running them.

Do the tracks have to pay money to INEX to hold legend races? How does this process work?

I will push the buttons, I just need to know the buttons to push.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Need some information on event organization.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:03 am »
This post will probable get deleted but it needs to be said. USLC has a REAL management problem. I know that it is a business and that there is a bottom line but as you said why wouldn't they try and get more tracks. Even if they don't run every weekend and just a few one off races. I have been one of this sports biggest (Legends Cars) supporters and have pushed the name every chance I get. This year will be the first time in over a decade that I will not join INEX. They have one of the best things in racing going but it is totally mismanaged. I raced at the east Lincoln when they had the nationals and it was a great little track even though the weather that weekend stunk.  Good luck and try calling USLC and see if you can get help from them. I hope it works out for you.

Not sure what the cost of being a sanctioned track is but I'm sure there is a fee.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:39:20 am »
Scot facts are facts no matter what is said and done dirt guys dont matter .
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 06:40:27 am »
Hell still have not received payout from dirt nationals ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Dirt75

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:58:53 am »
They are missing a good opportunity. I know first hand that us dirt guys buy a lot of parts!  ;D

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04:07 am »
The appeal of running a season on one set of tires has sparked my interest in running Dirt. Since US Legends has been slow as Whale Poop in posting the season schedule I have been searching local track websites for a track where I could run my Legend on Dirt, which I have had no luck. I contacted a local 1/4 mile dirt track which has featured legends in the past and ran into a problem.

The track is East Lincoln Speedway, home of the Legend Dirt Modified. The ELS representative told me they had wrote the 600 group and received no reply, therefore they would not be featuring legends this year. Why would they not reply to a track wanting to feature their cars? Especially when they have had a relationship in the past. This track is 20 min from my home, it is much to my advantage for them to run legends especially if they have interest in running them.

Do the tracks have to pay money to INEX to hold legend races? How does this process work?

I will push the buttons, I just need to know the buttons to push.

Email Scott Gobrecht via scottgobrecht@centralpalegends.com

Scott runs the Central Pa Legends group and can most likely be able to explain a track's commitment when it comes to INEX sanctioning. We have races scheduled at 7 different tracks, 5 of which are sanctioned.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:41 am »
The schedule only gets posted on the USLC website when the tracks send it to them. There are many tracks that never bother, so the races are never on the USLC schedule.

Last I checked, the sanctioning fee is only around $150, and INEX pays the track inspector $50/race to tech, so the track makes money being sanctioned.
Something doesn't sound right on the track end of things.

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 10:36:49 am »
I agree with Jim here. East Lincoln is Ray Everham's track and given who he is I can't imagine them giving him the cold shoulder. If I remember correctly he also collaborated with USLC to design their dirt track racer. Something does not sound right here.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:50 am »
INEX sanctioning is $75/race, or $300 for the whole season
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:48 am »
Thanks for the info guys. My understanding is Ray is no longer involved with ELS.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 09:28:38 am »
Please send me your personal information and I will make SURE someone contacts you ASAP. Help is what you are looking for, not a bunch of bashing B.S.. I would be happy to help you get this done.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 10:36:09 am »
If by chance East Lincoln does not run Legends this year and you still want to run dirt you may want to look into Millbridge Speedway in Salisbury or Rockfish Speedway in Raeford. From what I understand both of those tracks run Legends on dirt.

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 05:33:16 pm »
Millbridge is not running Legends due to lack of support. Don't know about Rockfish. Taylorsville is a possibility.

anything