Author Topic: spring adjusters  (Read 6424 times)

Offline racer0x

spring adjusters
« on: June 28, 2014, 08:47:11 pm »
Does anyone out there know  where I can get a better set of  spring adjusters than the ones from 600? Fine thread would  be nice also .

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: spring adjusters
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 01:21:48 am »
As far as I know, all the coilover kits use the same threads. Some use tape or hose clamps to keep them from moving (if that is the issue you are having),

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline racer0x

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:13:15 am »
 We have been doing that  but the fine thread would be nice to get rid of some of the sensitivity when we make an adjustment.I guess im lookin for a better mousetrap..lol

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:36:57 am »
I know AFCO makes a coil over kit for the 1.875" spring. I don't know if it will fit the Bilstein shock though, as all these shock manufacturers feel the need to make everything differently.
They retail for $78.99 each
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline knight202

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »
I found AFCO's new site to be a PITA. Anyways, I was watching a youtube video and they came out with new quarter midget shocks and the adjuster is a click type that clicks in every 1/4 turn. I had a look to see if they made a larger version, no luck.

I also was just floating around coleman racing products website last night and found shrink on shock thread sleeves. Heat them up, slip over shock, cool. No worry about the threaded part moving when making changes. There isnt enough website info on what shocks they will fit though so an email or call would be needed.

Offline canabl

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:45 pm »
Ken Joyce has a design much the same as the 600 ones but has slits machined down the threads so you can tighten the allen key onto a flat surface and not onto the thread itself. Advanced racing shocks also have the same indexing sprung ball bearing as we used them on our midget. Problem is the thread is on the body of shock so unless you can find an old set to chop up?

anything