Author Topic: Front Rotors and Hubs  (Read 6627 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Front Rotors and Hubs
« on: February 15, 2008, 03:12:47 am »
OK; Since I don't know...................
 Are the front hubs and rotors that mount to the steel spindles different from the ones that mount to the aluminum spindles? What about bearings?
 As my car is not INEX legal, and I have got steel spindles lined up; Does anyone have an oppinion on what I should use for hubs and rotors??? Should I just go with stock Toyota? Or do you think that an aftermarket hub and rotor would be in order? Plan is to run SCCA Auto-Cross for those that don't already know.

Thanks!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline fastmantom

Re: Front Rotors and Hubs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:31:25 am »
You probably don't want the stock toyota brakes.  They are very unpredictable.  There is a guy who does special work to them, to make sure the pistons slide easy which helps improve the brakes.  There are also brake pads from brakeman that are very good.  I can't remember the guy who does the work to the calipers and pistons, I can get his name if you like.

I would actually recommend looking at Pro challenge stuff.  They use wildwood disk brakes all the way around.  Would require a different rear end though.  Well, you could get your current toyota rear end modified, as that is what the pro challenge guys do.   Pro challenge also sells a quick change rear end that might be of use to you as an autocrosser.
I don't know if I can make the car win, but I think I can make it run fast enough to where people think we're cheating.

If they ask if we're cheating, smile and answer,"Yes".  They won't believe you if you say,"No".

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Front Rotors and Hubs
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:50:48 am »
Rear end is set up for Wilwood Dynalites.
I can get adapters for the fronts from Hawk Machine.
My plan is to go disc on all 4 corners.
Can't afford a quick change rear end  right now. You may be right in that respect though.
I'll check into that Pro Challenge stuff.
If you have any websites to pass along, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.