Author Topic: moooooooooooooore problems for TYler  (Read 8620 times)

Offline Legendracer24

moooooooooooooore problems for TYler
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:26:46 pm »
hey guys, i went to start my car after putting in the new fuel line and holy crap was i in for the surprize of my life. i gave it a little gas, and pushed the starter and BAM BURP BAAM! thats all i heard, then i saw fire coming outta the carbs and i was like ****! so i put a rag over it lol. Well, i check every wire in the new wiring harness to make sure it was connected to the right place, and it was. The car even has a new ignition (strator) plate installed. (the gold one with/out adjustable timing). Any ideas what the problem may be? I tried full choke also, no results.... any help, really, really would be apperciated....thanks alot everyone!

the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
Re: moooooooooooooore problems for TYler
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 07:58:43 pm »
wear the fire suit next time you try...

got me puzzled.  The plate is installed properly?  Not turned somehow, changing your timing?

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:36:59 pm »
Did'ya remember to flush the fuel line before hooking it up to the carbs?  There is a good chance that something go into the carbs, and is now futzing with the jets or the floats.
With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:29:10 am »
 First; Clean the Carbs!
I know it sounds silly, but it never ceases to amaze me how touchy these things seem to be.
Get out your carb cleaner, spray everything, blow out ALL the passages with air ( be sure to remove the fuel pump diaframs (sp. Sorry, Really tired).
 If it works, Or Not; get back to us on it.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline gramps05

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:08:17 am »
If the ign plate you installed is the type that has one sensor on it try turning it 180* or switch your coil wires that go to the ign system.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:09 pm »
Hey Gramp that was my first thought too.  Sounds like the ignition is 180 out.

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 03:18:50 pm »
oh its getting plenty of fuel but no spark i took the plugs out and they were all soaked, what do you mean 180 the plate? also, i rested the #1 plug against a piece of metal and turned it over....no spark WHAT THE HECK!!! lol this is bugging me
the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 04:48:08 pm »
update, took the plug out again today and i got spark and fuel.....that leaves one thing, the timing must be wayyyy off...how to i fix this? its a solid stator plate thats not adjustable, if its on backwards and i cant take the crap off to switch it , can i just switch the coils.... example.....one coil controls plugs 1 and 4 and the other 2 and 3....can i just switch those around and make the coil firing cylinders 1 and 4 fire 2 and 3 or is that gonna screw it all up? SOMEONE HELP please lol im desperate!

Offline gramps05

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:17 pm »
Yes, you can switch coils. When I said to turn the plate 180* I mean if the sensor it on the right side at 3 o'clock turn the plate so the sensor is at 9 o'clock. Don't switch coils and plate at the same time, if its out of time either fix should get it running,. Good Luck.

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »
i also have heard if the pickup is too close to the plate, it will not run also, or act like it is mis-timed because it will be picking up everything. Is this true? i have it set as close as it can go right now and someone told me it should be a matchbook piece of paper apart. and mine definitely is not even close to that!

anything