LEGENDS > Brakes

wilwood rear disk brakes

<< < (2/6) > >>

justfreaky:
I am going to guess that that IF and When the rear discs become available for the Legends Cars; It will be like the front Wilwood brake system; Not maditory (for now, at least).
Drum brakes are antiquated and just don't supply the stopping power that discs offer. My opinion; The lighter weight of the calipers and advantage in stopping power... Big Plus!
Hawk Machine makes the brackets necessary for mounting the Wilwood brake calipers.

Steve

s10custom:

--- Quote from: knoxracing on January 16, 2014, 08:43:38 am ---Quick change will be far away and may never happen. It has been discussed for years, then USLC had there own center sections and ends produced.

--- End quote ---
Is the cost the reason that it may never happen? And what happened when they had theirs made?

justfreaky:
The Dwarf Car bunch have been using these same Wilwood brakes on all 4 for years. Cost is not really bad.

Steve

VMS Motorsports:

--- Quote from: s10custom on January 16, 2014, 08:30:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: knoxracing on January 16, 2014, 08:43:38 am ---Quick change will be far away and may never happen. It has been discussed for years, then USLC had there own center sections and ends produced.

--- End quote ---
Is the cost the reason that it may never happen? And what happened when they had theirs made?

--- End quote ---
They still have them. Buy a new rear end from USLC and it has INEX stamped into it.
Wondering why they have started discontinuing gear ratios if a switch isn't coming though

legends13:
They are discontinuing some ratios, because they don't sell enough of them. When they buy gear sets, they need to buy them in lots of 200 sets. even if they are getting them for $150/set, $30K is a lot of cash to have sitting on the shelf collecting dust. How many tracks do you know of that run a 4.30 or even a 4.10? Not many. And the ones that do, you can likely use another gear and be VERY close to the same ratio.

Quick change will not happen anytime soon. They are simply to expensive.

Rear disc will happen, and likely it will happen in 2015. It will not be mandatory, although I expect most will change sooner rather than later, as the rear discs will be a big improvement over the drums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version