LEGENDS > Brakes

wilwood rear disk brakes

(1/6) > >>

Racingtrader.ca:
Will we see these anytime soon. I'm looking at ordering a set for the front this week but if they are close to a rear kit I'll wait and get both at the same time.

Vern Houseman:
I was told at 600 they are comming soon, but a new rule will say if you run the new fronts you have to run the new backs too

IraceLegends77:
Part of what Vern is telling you is because they came out with the Willwood and most of the BIG teams in NC are still on the old brakes. They are still spending $1000+ 0n front brakes and USLC is not selling the Willwoods like they thought. So the thought is, if we offer back disc and make you run the front we can sell them. If all else fails then they will just make it a rule to run the the Willwoods. The last part is my opinion.

PS there was some rumor of quick changes also but it is just an idea that they are thinking about for down the road

knoxracing:
OK guys. Per GE Chapman today. The Wilwood rears will most likely NOT be available in 2014, if they are offered it will be very late in the year. The rule will not be FORCE you to buy all 4 at once (fronts and rear). You will not be able to mix or match the fronts or mix and match the rears. You will have to run the same on each of the front and the same on each of the rears.

Quick change will be far away and may never happen. It has been discussed for years, then USLC had there own center sections and ends produced.

IraceLegends77:
That is what I said Dennis but just from a different angle. If they offer rear disc then you would have better brakes than the guys that chose to stay with the old brakes. Thus making you (not forcing) buy the new brakes. It is kind of like you can still run the 1200 but once they put the 165lbs PSI rule on them it was all but the end for them (except for dirt). You still run them but it is hard to keep up. Again my opinion.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version