Author Topic: Why did you choose Legend Cars?  (Read 6854 times)

Offline Earnst85

Why did you choose Legend Cars?
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:10 am »
Later this month, I will be hosting a seminar about legend cars at local race car show. I have been asked to focus on trying to draw more drivers (in other divisions) and new racers to join us in Legends car racing.

I know what reasons I chose to make the jump to legends cars, but I'd like to hear from others so I can include reasons I might not have thought of (or have forgotten).

Let me know your thoughts....

Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline JC38

Re: Why did you choose Legend Cars?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:21:43 am »
I like them because you don't have to have 2 or 3 guys help you work on the car,  you can do it yourself. Plus depending what trailer you have,  you can load multiple cars in a trailer and split fuel cost.  Also if anybody is wanting to move to a bigger car eventually,  especially younger kids.  These are the best cars to learn from.  They help you out so much.  Just my opinion.
Justin Comer #38

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
It's something me and my father can do for fun or turn it into something serious if we choose. I moved up from karts so this was the next step in asphalt oval racing. Relatively cheap. Easy to work on and get to and from the track.
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:02 pm »
I chose Legends because it was the best option out there, in my opinion.
A spec series to keep the cost down, easy cars to work on, and the car and spares takes up only 1 garage stall.
It also helped that the closest dirt track to me hosted weekly legends racing, and I wanted to race dirt.
In talking to drivers in the pits, the Legends drivers were the most helpful, nice group of people I ran into.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »
Good points... Let's keep' em coming.

I just realized that this may help someone who may have been lurking on the fence into a seat....
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »
For me it was the racing. I went to a world of outlaws show and the legends were racing that night. I then went to a few regular shows and met the drivers. Everyone was really nice and helpful. So i bought a car and was racing the next year. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful to a rookie that knew absolutley nothing.  ;D It helps that the cars are fairly easy to work on. But the people and the racing were the biggest draws for me.

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:45:34 pm »
I am hooked on the fact that it is a spec class and motorcycle powered. I had been looking into motorcycle powered cars years before I found out about Legends and Dwarf Cars (kit cars, mostly). A friend took me to a Dwarf Car race... Had to have one! After a few years of research, I started building my own car. An exercise in the knowlege I gained in stocks, super stocks and modifieds. Bit off a bit more than I bargained for! Fun to design a car... But a whole lot more expensive, and time consuming, to actually build it. Legends Cars have a Nationwide (plus several countries) set of rules. That is what impressed me most! A lot of classes; The rules change (State to State; Track to Track; etc...).
Even the rule for SCCA racing are based on the Legends Car Rulebook (or, TUSA in my case). Cost of racing is pretty affordable, as far as racing goes. Safety is another issue not accurately addressed in this form of racing. Over the years, I have seen footage of many wrecks and fires. Legends Cars tend to be some of the safest designed cars. While there is a lot of "old school" technolgy in the chassis design, it does not mean it is an outdated form of racing. The chassis are well designed, the suspension uses all the current technology as most other classes (coilover shocks, rack and pinion steering, etc...). As several folks have already mentioned; The folks in this class are some of the best!!! Friendly and helpful. Most would rather see you out on the track than sitting in the pits. I've made some very good friends over the years that I have been involved here on the site. Invite them to check out our little family here on LegendsRacer. Look over the old threads and ask questions. There is an aweful lot of info here about the Legends Series.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.