Author Topic: Body swap  (Read 7717 times)

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
Body swap
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:10 am »
No, Im not talking about pod people from another world.  I was wondering about what is involved in changing body styles?  Say if I wanted to change from a chevy coupe to a ford coupe.  Will it all just bolt right back up? Or will I need to change brackets and fender mounts?

Thanks in advance!

Pegalis

With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline elimn8u_43

Re: Body swap
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:17:16 pm »
Within the same years, yes. 34 Chev to Ford, 37 Chev to Ford to Dodge.

Geoff

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:22:57 pm »
Thanks for that info Geoff.  It's something my brother and I ruminated over a few times when looking for a car to buy.  We always wondered if we found a car for a steal but didn't like the body, could we change the body style?

Good to hear.  I'm likely to be asked the same question by people I meet that want to get into a Legend.

Thanks,
Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline pegalis

• =o.O=
    • Far Beyond Driven Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 03:50:51 pm »
Why is that?  Is the chassis different from body to body?  Or is it just a issue with locations for bolting everything down?
I know the 40 ford was different in every way. Nothing interchangeable, and different chassis.  Thus why production was stopped. *ashame really*
But I thought these cars were the same down to the nut and bolt locations. Coupe to coupe and sedan to sedan of course. 
With Legends, Its not your tires that are screaming, its the Pavement.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03:24 am »
Mike,
 You and your brother ruminate?
Ouch! Bad joke dealing with a cows' digestive system!  :-[
 :P :D ;D ;D ;D
I've chewed my cud, as well as maybe a little crow also.

Obviously the sedan and coupe bodies won't interchange because of body style, and shape of roll cage. But as far as coupe to coupe, sedan to sedan;  couldn't one just add some braces for the bodywork? I will have to look over the rules. Right off the top of my head, I don't recall seeing anything about this subject.

Pegalis (Shaun),

Don't go pickin' on us '40 Ford Coupe guys!
Now I feel like an orphan!

:D ;D :P

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:21:41 am »
The 34 coupes have suicide doors and the 37 coupes have  conventional doors. I also think that the rear of the roll cage has different angles to the bars in the area around your head.

Geoff

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:28:30 pm »
The coup rollcage is the same for all coups and yes you can change bodys, the major difference between the coupe is the front grill and the front fenders other than that you can put what ever body on the chassis as long as it a coupe chassis.

Mike.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 10:35:20 pm »
THe round top coupes are not the same (40 ford, 37 chevy) The bars behind the drivers head are diff.  THe 34 ford and chevy, flat top coupes, should be the same..

Dave
Dave

anything