Author Topic: 2014 INEX license  (Read 21365 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: 2014 INEX license
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:07 pm »
I've been at 600 for the last two days , the rule books are not in yet and they are trying to sort out all the forms right now there isn't no issue date set yet ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:56 pm »
hey just wanted to ask if there are any new rules this year( minus the one about head and neck safty).  ie car set up part needed or changes to anything?

thanks 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:20 pm »
I've not heard of anything yet, other than engine seals. Doesn't mean that the rulebook may/ or may not have something new when it comes out. Another ongoing problem with INEX. Perhaps Dennis, or someone, has some insight.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »
I did hear some talk of rules and fines about the new seals all I can say is if half the stuff I heard this week is true it's going to get worse.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 10:07:13 am »
Keep seeing Legends drum brake assemblies for sale on ebay and so forth.  Now that the Wilwood front brake assemblies are on a lot of cars these days, how much longer before rear disc brakes are going to be included???  Not difficult to install either.  Just pop off the rear brake drum and backing plate assembly, install disc brake bracket, slide on disc brake hub on axle, install caliper and you're all set.  Plus as all racing is the days, lighter and less weight overall.  These parts seem to be readily available as I've seen them first hand on a Legends car(not competing in circle track racing).  Guess we'll see as time will tell.... ::)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:51 am »
If the new seal protest rule is implemented in the new rule book its a great tyhing. I am not sure the rule has had all the details worked out yet, so I am not sure it will make the book. There has been no method of protesting an engine, the main reason has been because if its sealed there is no need to look at these motors. There had been way too many protests done for the wrong reasons and it became a mess. The problem is there was no rule for racers to challenge an engine they felt had been tampered with. Phase one = Install new style seals on all motors. Why, because when USLC opens the seal, they can tell if its been tampered with. Phase two= Implement a seal protest rule, the racer can file a $100 dollar claim, the seal is removed and a temp. seal installed. The seal goes to Charlotte for inspection. This is a check and balance system that gives the racer the chance to protest without disrupting the race season of others for the wrong reasons. This is a good rule, in the past we had no path for the racer whos says "I know that motor is illegal". Now you can protest the seal.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »
uh, they are going to issue replacement seals to the different Tracks/Tech Men?

knoxracing

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:38 pm »
I can not answer the question in full at this time. I only know some details of the rule as it was discussed. I am not sure where USLC is at with the rule at this time. I believe these seals will be highly monitored and possibly removed and installed by the tech. There will also be random seal removal by the techs at tracks everywhere. If we are having a sealed [rogram we need checks and balances to keep it fair.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:37:27 pm »
I have a great idea. Get rid of seals and get some tech people to check motors. Spent a couple of days in USLC this week and more to follow later but the seal program is not the answer.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 07:24:11 pm »
I had to purchase a motor so I could finish running the Superior trailer Winter Series. it had the old seals on it so I took it to USLC to Dyno and seal it. I personally feel like I made to feel like I was trying cheat because they told me the seals that were on it had been tampered with. why wouldn't they want me to bring a motor in if had no idea if they had been tampered with to insure the motor wasn't cheated up? 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:32 pm »
I think that is the idea behind getting updated seals.
Gives them a chance to check things out with sealed engines.
Try not to take too much offense... I think (or would like to) that they suspect any older engines.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »
Ya I agree that the whole purpose is to check these motors and get all of them on an equal page so the program can move forward and hopefully the tech [rogram and the protest program will help keep the system moving in the right direction. What were you chatged for the dyno and reseal service?

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:44 am »

On the rear brake system, I am told it has been tested, but don't expect it to happen this year. Maybe for 2015, but time will tell.

yes, the system is out there, as it is used on the thunder roadsters currently. I think it is the next big change in Legends, and cant wait for it to happen. Nothing worse than drum brakes on a race car....
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 07:09:03 pm »
I don't know that I am offended as much as I am baffled. Why would you not want folks to bring their motors in even if they do know that the seals have been tampered with? Even playing field, right? Or more worried about bottom line? Maybe disappointed is the correct word I should use.

Robert

knoxracing

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 07:51:19 pm »
ok, I AM ALSO BAFFLED NOW.  No one is being penalized or judged by bringing any motor to USLC for reseal. If the motor is wrong it could cost to make it right. No one is being labelled or named. I do not understand your direction. There are alot of motors that have been done by others, then sold to unknowing buyers either in cars or simply sold as a legeal motor. This is the time to check motors and make them right so the program canget back on its wheels. If you are CAUGHT at the track its a different story.

anything