Author Topic: RaptorRacing.Us  (Read 8925 times)

Kyle. Daughtery

RaptorRacing.Us
« on: January 14, 2008, 09:56:24 am »
Hello reader I am pleased to announce that Raptor Racing has just updated their website found at Raptorracing.us where you will be able to check out our schedule our cars and profiles of our drivers and crew! Pictures will be up soon along with a few more races I'm sure.

Raptorracing.us

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
Re: RaptorRacing.Us
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:07:49 pm »
Well done Kyle.  I've placed the link on the main links page.

Mike :)
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:41 am »
Kyle,
 Looks like the site is coming along very well!

Thanks for the nice plug for legendsracer.com

Many of our members also have some nice parts to sell. Add that to your list for parts. Maybe just include that beside the forum. There is also a For Sale And Wanted Section. I have bought, or recieved, a few parts from our members. ALL have been very helpful and straight up with me.

Best of luck with your site!
I'll add it to my Favorites List so I can keep track of how you are doing.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Kyle. Daughtery

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:52:40 am »
Thanks guys..right now the cars are in progress we bought them as a complete package. So far I'm in love with the thing..mine is the 86 on our website...but I've only sat in it adjusted the belts and tried to take the decals off. I need a little help with that too. I heated them up and was peeling them off but I got them too hot and they re-bonded with the car I think now they don't want to come off. I tried using carb cleaner, waxes, engine clean, glass cleaner just about everthing we have in the shop that cleans but no use. I've heard of decal remover but where can I get some?

On another topic I'm about to order all new stuff I'm going with G-Force becauce I liked my karting suit but I need a head restraint system. Has anyone used the SRS-1? I've been told the hans could break your collar bone if you roll because my head would have so much side to side movement and the SRS-1 wouldn't do that because it's not on your shoulders. So anyone had any luck and how does it work?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Only a month and a half left till our first race!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:16:19 am »
Go to your local hardware store and get a big ol can of Goof-off, that'll take care of your gummy mess!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:15 am »
Goo Gone works great (probably the same type of product as Goof Off).  Get the bigger bottle that has the spray top.  Spray it on and let it soak for 20 or 30 minutes.  On flat panels, a razor blade or putty knife will help scrape it off (if you will be repainting).  You might be able to do it will a plastic scraper if you and trying to be careful with the paint.  Towels work to get the last of the residue off.  The previous owner of my car had a lot of stickers on the car and it took me about 8 hours between peeling and scraping to get it cleaned up.

I think the SRS1 is supposed to be a good product, but if you can afford it I would go with the HANS, Hutchins Hybrid, or R3.   

Offline thunder938

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:34:41 am »
I use the srs-1 and like it.  Unlike some of the others this system lets you turn turn head side to side a bit.  I was also involved in a good crash late last year, rear ended a car I was the last one into the pile.  I went from about 90 mph to stopped in about 20 feet.  My neck was not even sore the next day.  I did put a halo on the seat for this year, but I will continue to use the srs-1 system..

Dave
Dave

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:39 pm »
I had tons of large and small decals all over the car when I bought mine.  I picked away at the edges until they started to lift.  Once they started, I'd roll them up so the tacky side was out.  I then used those tacky wads of vinyl to help me pick off the next decal after I'd gotten the edge lifted.  Took about 5 hours for that and another couple of hours to get rid of all the adhesive using goo gone.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:42 pm »
I also use the SRS-1 and I am very happy with it. I haven't really tried it out but also I don't really want to.  Log in to www.thegimpster.com and ask Greg about his experience with his. This is why I bought mine.

Geoff

Kyle. Daughtery

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:59 am »
Ok cool thanks for the imput on the SRS 1 I know I'm getting one..Thunder938 what is a halo? Is that the part of the seat that gives your head only a little bit of movement or something completly different? I did buy some goo done and i sprayed some on but it didn't really work should I let it sit for twenty minutes? Is that how it penetrates you have to let it sit? Thanks guys!

Offline thunder938

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 10:08:21 am »
Its a two sided head rest halo or horseshoe...I found that I had great support for front crashes, but needed something for side to side or angle hits...

Dave
Dave

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:45 am »
Just make sure to use good shoulder supports if you use the heavy duty head rests like this.  It will keep your neck in line in a side hit.  Without them your upper torso can move while your head is held in place, possibly causing a neck injury. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 11:42:49 am »
What I do is get the decals off, put on the Goof-off, let it sit for maybe a minute or so, then use a stiff bristle natural brush in a circular motion. If you leave it on too long, it will eat into the paint
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

anything