Author Topic: Dirt Nats Update Please  (Read 54694 times)

Gimpster

Re: Dirt Nats Update Please
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2013, 08:48:56 pm »
 We rolled back into the homestead a half hour ago. Left at 8 this morning. Logged onto Facebook and watched the in car vid of the wreck from Steven's car. Michael Leischner posted it. Not sure if I can link a facebook vid on here. Looked like the leader and Kuntz were at pace. The second place car got sideways in front of  Steven and he clipped him. The car spun down resulting in the bad wreck/fire. They kicked Kuntz off the track for it

~Gimpster~

Offline JC38

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
I was that apparently loose car not up with the pace,  even though I was in 2nd.  not sure how that makes since.   But anyway I watched the in car camera as well.  I was not loose or out of shape I was actually trying to diamond the corner a little bit to get a little bit better run coming off of 4.  the 1 car caught me a little quicker then he anticipated,  do I think he did this on purpose,  NO.  do I think he could of checked up some to avoid getting in to me in the center of the corner?  sure.  yeah it would of hurt his momentum some,  but he could of gained it back.  Just a lot of cars got tore up by someone not wanting to check up a little,  and almost some serious injuries as well.  you know its done and over with.  but lets not make excuses up.  yeah he hit that corner a little better then me.  but man you do have break, and you do have to check up sometimes and this was one of those times.   If he was right on my bumper entering that corner I could understand how he could of gotten in to me like he did.  but he wasn't on my bumper until the center of the corner.  He had time to react better then he did,  he just didn't want to lose his momentum.
Justin Comer #38

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
I've only seen the video I have posted here, and it doesn't show the initial contact between the you and the 1.
All I can say is we tore up alot of cars this weekend and I'm glad nobody got hurt. That was some scary shit. Glad you're home safe
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JC38

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 10:55:19 pm »
You can see it on the in car of his video .  it wasn't a hard contact,  but enough to send me sailing down the track,  it was kind a like a perfect storm,  he hit me as soon as I was picking up the gas.  I know he didn't do it on purpose,  but it could of been avoid.  Just don't like some one saying I was loose and he had no where to go.  sure he had some where to go.  jab the break just a little,  you would of been surprised what the outcome would have been.  It would of been a hell of a race to the checkers.  instead it ended up on the wreckers .  haha.  Thanks to Ross for helping getting my car flipped back over.  I was stuck and not moving anywhere, and the flames were to close for my comfort.  I like going to bonfires,  but I didn't want to be the one on fire.  :)
Justin Comer #38

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2013, 11:54:05 pm »
Do you guys know of any videos of the all the features races ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Gimpster

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »
I will look for them tomorrow, I heard there was 2 people videoing the event but nobody has the entire event uploaded as of tonight.

JC38 ~
My apology. I never meant to ruffle any feathers. His in car cam showed him looking low.. then basically no time to react. Once again, I apologize if you feel I was being a critic. Everything happened so fast there was  really no time to go high, low or stop. Just saying that the boys down low that stacked up had more time to react than Steven did at that pace to a car suddenly slowing right in front of him.
Glad everyone was OK.. it was a racing deal

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152427451494657&set=vb.593474656&type=2&theater

~Gimpster~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 12:10:09 am »
Luke usually videos them from the grandstand...with all the wrecks and re-starts, he has a bunch of editing to do I would assume.
Here's his YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mrmjfan101alt/videos

Pro feature is now up
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 07:35:29 am »
Kathy Hough took a bunch of video and pics. She should be posting them  throughout the week.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:04 am »
Thanks, Steve.

Yes, I took pics and videos all 3 days. I have all 18 heat races, I believe the full YL/SP  & Masters races, and a good chunk of the Pro race. I was having battery and logistics difficulties all weekend (that is some trek between the grandstand and the pits!), and my batts died in some unfortunate points in the races. So, I have a ton of sorting & combining to do, including different formats from different cameras. It will come online a bit at a time. Check in on Facebook at Hough68Racing for pics & individual race links, katiuszaYT channel on YouTube for playlists. Begging your patience.

Many regards,
Kathy H.
(Ted Hough parental unit & team manager)

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:33 pm »
Friday still pics:

Offline Tedxdigs

• They call me "The Wolf Man"
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »
Combo-breaker! ..... Sorry mom.  ;D
They started calling me \"The Wolf Man\" when I showed up to the track with a beard at 14 years of age.

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:13 am »
Thank you for sharing all the pics Kathy. I put a name to a bunch of them.

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline vince6b

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 07:37:33 am »
As a matter of fact I was actually watching those two going at it, I thought the # 1 was the guy to beat out there. No one got loose, the #1 came with a head of steam and just dumped him, heck if he would of just backed out of it i think they would of been just fine, but he never lifted and just plan out dumped him.

P.S. Vern I owe you one!!!  I think you cost me a good run!!

anything