Author Topic: legend car pad  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Legends16

legend car pad
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:47:48 pm »
   Hey guys,

I live in a house with a room that was converted over to a garage  about 3 years ago and its home for my legend. They did a pretty good job laying down the concrete,  its level side to side. Front to back the concrete floor is sloped downward towards the garage door for drainage.

I dont have scales yet, probably some day. Im looking to either buy or build some stands to put under the front tires to make the car level for setting caster and or any other front end adjustments. Im posting this because Im sure others in my situation have built or bought somthing. Im not looking to buy the $800-$900 longacre setup, just something to get me by on a tight budget.

Pictures or links would be appreciated. Ive got some Idea's but I just wanted to see what others have done. I imagine there would have to be some adjustabilty to them.

Thanks,

Eric

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: legend car pad
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »
Hi Eric,

I have seen several folks build ramps from 2x4's and plywood. Use wedges to level them out.
Sorry, thought I had a pic of some another member build. Unable to locate the pic right now.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
Re: legend car pad
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
Eric,

Give me a call. I have built a few sets of scale levelers this year for this exact purpose. I could build you a set pretty reasonably if you are interested.

Brad
585-72 one - 1795
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

anything