Author Topic: legends racing on dirt  (Read 17006 times)

Offline AKRACER

• speed
legends racing on dirt
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:27 pm »
does any body race at a track where they let you race your legends car run on dirt without fenders?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: legends racing on dirt
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:26:52 pm »
That wouldnt be an INEX sanctioned event
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »
well it might be if the non fender cars were not inex members? and the track let non members race without obeying the rules the inex members do.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
Sounds like you have some problems up there in Alaska
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »
They are called Dwarf Cars. They can be, but are not usually INEX legal.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »
Some promoters will allow anything to bolster car counts. Unfortunately this can cause issues like you are having. You aren't alone, I heard of an asphalt track that had 8 cars show, 3 were illegal, and the promoter wouldn't allow tech to DQ them.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 09:49:36 pm »
As I said; They are likely Dwarf Cars. Take a closer look at them. Not even that close to INEX legal.
As Jim pointed out; The promoter is likely allowing them to build car counts. You live in a pretty limited area.

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
 I'll drop a quarter her, pick it up later...
 If the issue boils down to national points payout, the issue need be taken care of within the division split. Not bashing USLC (well maybe a lil ) but the way the national rules are out-dated you will have to live with it. The division structure laid out, as is, was looking into the future for far more growth anticipated than what actually happened with these cars on a local level. There was no actual division provision while racing against senior racers or minors other than the fact that if there is low car counts in your division locally, the points structure penalizes you by not giving you total win points or points you actually accomplished. Stacked on top of that, most racers in the class are competing against everybody and nobody is getting total national points. So what do you see wrong with this picture ? Better yet how do you get anything  accomplished on the national level if you do see a cure or have a sure one to offer ?? You can't.. you just can't. You would have better luck pulling a bull elephant out of his favorite watering hole with a 1955 Volkswagon Beetle in 110 degree temperatures.... The nearest thing you are going to get that is even close to an accomplishment which you seek is to take it up on the local level. Basically make your own provisional rules for who or what cars can compete and with what. Will it resolve anything ? Maybe not but if your track is running per sanctioned rules and USLC finds out what is going on, you just got their attention and at that point would be the ultimate time to fire your ideas at them for a national resolution on topic.... make any sense ? Now let me see....
I dropped a quarter here somewhere.

~Gimpster~

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:41 am »
im not in the position to give up working on the car car driving it to take on promoting a race track but  i whish i knew whay promoters think that haveing cars that are clearly illigal and doing things unsafe and then letting them race. i like seeing fair racing because its better for the fans and thats the main money maker in local racing not the back gate.  part of the reason for staring this topic is that i got wrecked by a non member running without fenders and i feel that the damage that i got from the wreck would have been less had the other guy had fenders like i do... any thnoughts on this..?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »
These fenders don't do much in the way of stopping any damage but I do NOT agree with letting non members race with members if it is a INEX event.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »
Ummm, Lets see.......... MONEY! The track needs to get people in the stands. Otherwise you would be racing for free. Track owner/ promoter doesn't so much care about you. If they can't make money, they are out of business. Then you have a very large boat anchor.

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »
If that were the case around here,I would be steppin outside of the rules and modifying my Legend to compete against them !!

~G~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »
Sounds like you should move to Alaska Gimp. :)

Gimpster

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
Set of skis up front and chain 'er up on the rear and rip up the glacier tracks with my Legend !! woo hoo !!
(suppose I would hafta change the set-up ?)

~G~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »
Set of skis up front and chain 'er up on the rear and rip up the glacier tracks with my Legend !! woo hoo !!
(suppose I would hafta change the set-up ?)

~G~

They do race in the snow up there as well. We have some video of the ice racing posted in old threads.

Steve