Author Topic: What fire-suit brand and style do you prefer?  (Read 11902 times)

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
What fire-suit brand and style do you prefer?
« on: January 01, 2008, 04:37:11 pm »
Right now I've got a two piece single layer G-Force fire-suit.  I'd like to upgrade it, but would like to hear some opinions on style and brands.

Thanks,
Mike

If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline thunder938

Re: What fire-suit brand and style do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:00:43 pm »
I use a PRO FOX suit.  I use a one piece single layer.  The suit from Profox are very nice at a good price. BLACK or BLUE  ONLY My suit has Nascar Boot Cut,Concealed pockets Wide Velcro belt, 180° shoulder gussets Lower stretch panel, Double stitched epaulettes. and fits great.  Profox makes all the suits the same.  So, the single layer is made and cut the same as a multi layer suit.  Most other co. make the single suit cheap.

Check them out very nice stuff       www.profoxracing.com

Dave

Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:08:26 pm »
1 piece 2 layer Ultrashield.  Ive seen enough fires to not have a problem spending the extra 100 bucks on a 2 layer suit. a couple seconds can make a world of difference. The best prices Ive seen are from saferacer.com
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:14:02 am »
I use a Simpson 2 layer suit. I wouldn't even start my car with a single layer suit on. I think my ass is worth the cost. There was a guy in VA. this year who wished  he had a four layer suit on. Bottom line is your life worth it or to your family. Safety is no place to save money. Happy New year and hope all have a great 08.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:31:13 pm »
I use a Pyrotect 2 layer 3/5 SFI rated, I would never consider a single layer suit, at best you have  about 5 seconds of protection in a single layer suit, even a SFI 3/5 rated double layer suit  your only protected for about 19 seconds more if you wear nomex underwear. Remember you might get out in time if your wheels down but what happens if you upside down???? Im not trying to scare anyone I just don't want any racer to get burned.

Here is a link for some good reading on SFI ratings you will be amazed     http://sparcoonline.com/resourceFiles/24.pdf

Don't be cheap when it comes to safety gear.

Mike Hoffman
Cherokee Racing.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:05:07 am »
I just bought the UltraShield 1 piece 2 layer suit today.  They are clearing them out as they are going with the shinny nomex for next year and charging $100 more

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:41:47 am »
http://www.sfifoundation.com/driversuit.html

Also posted in the reference material. Thought it was good info for those looking for firesuits.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 03:53:16 am »
Back on the safety issue.......................
Shouldn't have spent the money right now, BUT;
 bought it slightly used for the right price.

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-gf-545-racing-suit.html?productid=923

Black of course!  :D

Steve

FFmedic

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 01:34:39 pm »
Ultra shield 1 piece 2 layer.  bought it from wwwsaferacer.com  was only $250!!!   Went with one piece because I felt that a 2piece top would ride up when I got in the car.  It has the over boot cuff on the leg, hiden pockets, spandex in the waist area so that the back stretches as you sit, and shoulder gussets.

Joe

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:19:39 am »
Joe,
 I have to agree with you on the one piece.
Just think it is the way to go for me.

What you going to hide in the hidden pockets???

;) :D ;D

Steve

FFmedic

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 06:12:21 pm »
Hmmmmm.... Maybe some nails.  ;)  LOL!

Joe

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 03:29:04 am »
:rolling:

MAYBE???

LOL!!!!!

Steve

FFmedic

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »
 ;D  Don't laugh.. I know a guy who wore his work jacket while he raced his mower, next thing I knew the national points champ from the yr before was complaining about getting roofing nails in his tires.   hmmmm  wonder how that happened.  :o ;)

Joe

FFmedic

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 11:02:02 pm »
Well I looked at my firesuit today and noticed the back was torn out of it inside.  Called up saferacer.com and they stated that they don';t make that suit anymore... bummer.  So I had to order a G-force 3 layer suit for $100 more.  Shipping it out to me ASAP!!!! And if it don't fit they will send out a different size even faster because I need it for May 3rd.    Great company to deal with.  Cared about me (the customer) and wanted to make everything right.  Just thought I would share this with you all.  Don't find to many companies that will go that extra mile for ya.

Joe

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 04:11:30 pm »
I have a one piece 2 layer Leaf suit that I bought back around 2000.  Only racing a few times a year really helps keep it in good shape.   :)    It was so long ago that I really can't comment on how they are to work with today (good or bad).  I did not get the stretch panels in the shoulders and really regret it.  It really limits my arm movement especially if I am reaching for something.  Next suit I buy will have the arms and lower back stretch panels.

If anyone is using a 1 layer, at least buy some Nomex underwear until you can upgrade to a two layer.  I used to race with a single layer proban suit, tennis shoes, single layer gloves, an M rated helmet, and no Nomex underwear, but would never do that now.   

John

anything