Author Topic: What does your track Pay$$$$? How much do you spend weekly???  (Read 11588 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

What does your track Pay$$$$? How much do you spend weekly???
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:44:19 pm »
I should have a legends car by the end of the month. Trying to get an idea of what the local tracks payout is, and also figure out my weekly racing expenses.

I know when I raced Fig 8's years ago, 1st place payed $470 then it broke down till you hit 13th and it was $50 all the way back. It was nice cause you knew even if you wrecked and finished dead last. Least you entry fee and gas in the truck was payed for.

So I am curious what does your local track pay for 1st-5th and what do they pay for dead last? Please list the track name and location as well.

Also what are your at the race track weekly expenses. Entry Fee, race fuel, oil, tires, should be about it uless I am leaving something out.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline thunder938

Re: What does your track Pay$$$$? How much do you spend weekly???
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:13:43 pm »
This a hard question.  I think alot of tracks and groups  pay diff.  Also how far do you need to tow, how big is trailer, MPG.  As for the cars 3 gal of fuel is all I need in the car.  We run 2 sets of hot laps, 1 heat, and the main.  Cost per race? Heck I ran most of the year and only needed the gate money, gas, and food, so cheap.  Last race crashed the car(bumper, grill, upper ball joints ) then 8 laps later broke the crank :(.  So, that night cost me about 5 grand!!!

We pay out about 250 to win and it breaks down to about 30 bucks.  This is effected by car count

So, this a hard question. 
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »
I sure hope you're not in this to make $$...we all know the best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start with a large one! :D

Charter Raceway Park
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
2007 Payouts:
1-$250
2-$200
3-$150
4-$100
5-$75
6-$65
7-$55
8-$50
9&10-$45
11-14-$40
15-20-$35
21-23-$25
24+-$20

3 gallons race gas-$21
4.5quarts AMSOIL-$35. (I usually go 2-3 nights on the oil, so divide accordingly)
Tires on dirt should last a season, dont know about asphalt
Pit pass-$25
100 mile roundtrip @10mpg-$30 gas in my beater Tahoe

The fun of racing Legends cars and the people you meet...Priceless :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 12:26:03 am »
Great info gentleman. I am well aware of routine expenses such as truck fuel and unwanted expenses such as damaged race cars.

Was just curious of race fuel, entry, ect.

I will be meeting with my primary sponsor this weekend. He is a good friend of mine, I don't want to ask for too much or too little. I figure $1500 will cover two sets of tires and race fuel for the season. We will see if his tight wallet will open that far, lol.

That is why I was curious.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:39:39 am »
 When I was racing Mods I got tow money added to the payout. Not true at all tracks. Only spent around $100 - 125 per night (baring no major setbacks ; broken engines, Crashes, Tow Vehicle break downs, etc...).
Pavement Modifieds are big (with a capital BIG) money. $20,000 + for roller and minimum of $10,000 for an engine.
 I haven't raced now for a few years. Costs are up on fuel and oil.  So, like Thunder said; it's a hard question to give an exact answer. Tracks are different as to what they pay. Costs for everything are up. That's the major factor for me going to to a smaller, more cost effective, forms of racing. That, and I like the idea of using a bike engine to power a car. Something I have toyed with 'til I took the plunge to build my own car. Rather than a street driven oddity; I wanted something I could race. I'm still working on that! Things are much closer than 10 years ago.
 If you can get sponsors to cover ANY of the costs; then you are  ahead of the game. You will need to sell ANY sponsor, on What YOU Can Do For Them!!!!  Advertising!!!!  That's what it's all about.  Be willing to park your car out front of his business (SURE TO DRAW A CROWD), Answer Questions, Decals, Paint, Etc............. ALL Dependant on Costs VS What The Sponsor Is Willing To Pay to attract business HIS way. You need to sell him on YOU!!!
 Over the course of 30 years in business for myself, I have sponsored several cars. Some of my own cars were tax deductable. ALL of what I spent on others was deductable as advertising. You HAVE to be Willing; And Able; to provide advertising for your sponsors.  Trust Me - They will ALWAYS ask at the worst possible times!
 If your sponsor can part with $1500; That's $1500 you don't have to spend Out Of Pocket. Right now, I'm in for over $6,000 (long story) ALL out of my own pocket. No tax deductions.

Do Whatever You Can To Defray Costs.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:30:40 pm »
Capital City Speedway in Stittsville, Ontario

Nightly cost of racing is fairly cheap for us.

Track Membership, $107
Inex Membership, $125 (if early enough, else $150)
Gate pass, $20
Fuel $12 - $20
Tires - 2 - 3 sets per season

Payout:

1. $200                   11. $50
2. $150                   12. $50
3. $100                   13. $50
4. $90                     14. $50
5. $80                     15. $40
6. $70                     16. $40
7. $60                     17. $40
8. $60                     18. $40
9. $60                     19. $40
10. $60                   20. $40

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
Guys Please Post the name of your track with the payout information. Never know you may be a better than your neighboring track and attract more people.

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 09:38:47 pm »
To race in Houston, which is about 175 miles away we normally take from 3-8 cars. The semi gets about 5 mpg at 3.27 a gallon x 300 gallons becuase the toter generator runs on the main tank, entry fee 40.00 plus a transponder if you dont have one 30.00, Gentlemans club after the race priceless. Houston does not pay Legends just Roadsters.

Mike.

anything