Author Topic: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!  (Read 75805 times)

Offline N4Racing

Re: Digital Gear Indicator Kit, Not from 600!
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »
I am OK with that, the price is right.  But, I do like the new style fuses better.  More visibility if it is blown, and easier to trace a signal with (you don't have to take anything apart).

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »
Andrew,

You can pick up an inline fuse for dirt cheap. I would trust that a bit more than the crimp on piece.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2013, 01:30:00 pm »

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2013, 11:49:18 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Legends16 on September 18, 2013, 06:09:48 AM
Is there a set price on these yet?
Quote from: phylzub02 on September 17, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
do you have a price on these yet??? I am interested in 1 or 2 ...  frank 208-353-2283 thank yu..

I want to start the Price @ $200 for the whole kit and $125 for just the sending unit. Everything is still Plug and Play with 600's kit.

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2013, 11:26:25 am »

I will have these at dirt nationals this weekend at Beaver Dam Raceway. I'll be there starting tonight for the inspection\practice\pot luck dinner and for sure on Friday. Saturday is up in the air for now.  I'll be with my Dad, # 99W.

Stop by if you want to purchase one or just take a look. I have six full kits to sell @ $200 each. I would like to sell these ones as kits. I will make more of the sending units with the next batch to sell as replacements to 600's kit.

Payment will have to be either Paypal or cash (I believe the track has wifi , I don't remember how good the cell phone reception is)

See you there,
Andrew

P.S.
I may be in Zombie mode today as I more than likely won't get a nap in before going and I worked last night.  I'll also post where we are in the pits once we are setup.

Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2013, 09:46:05 am »
Now that our season is complete for 2013 and the Dirt nationals are done I can say that I have not had any issues with this in my car all year. I have the first edition of this as a testing unit and Andrew has made many improvements since mine was installed.

You will be hard pressed to find a better quality piece that is made in the US and something that is not mass produced overseas with sub par materials.

Scott

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »
Scott so true I have also have had Andrews kit in both of my cars all year and Andrew has some good stuff here .Also what good to meet him at dirt nationals
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2013, 11:42:47 am »
It was nice to also meet you at the nationals......sometimes hard to put a face to the person with only seeing text.

Scott

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2013, 11:49:50 am »
Now that our season is complete for 2013 and the Dirt nationals are done I can say that I have not had any issues with this in my car all year. I have the first edition of this as a testing unit and Andrew has made many improvements since mine was installed.

You will be hard pressed to find a better quality piece that is made in the US and something that is not mass produced overseas with sub par materials.

Scott

If one of the sending units was going to fail, I'd say this one would be it! but it held up to a full season.

Scott so true I have also have had Andrews kit in both of my cars all year and Andrew has some good stuff here .Also what good to meet him at dirt nationals

It was nice to put a face to the name. Congrats on taking 5th place. Hope they didn't rip into your car to much at inspection!

Let me know if\when you figure out the issue with the N position on the first pre~production kit. My gut is telling me that its the digital read out, given that one was not sealed up with epoxy like they are now.

Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline Legends16

« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2013, 01:52:14 pm »
Andrew,

I sent you a message. I want one.

Thanks,

Eric

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:25 am »
Replied, I was already in bed before you sent it yesterday.

Mondays are the rifest day of the week for me, more so than the 24 hr Fridays!

Andrew

Andrew,

I sent you a message. I want one.

Thanks,

Eric

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:42 am »
For those currently on my  list,
I sent you a message. If I don't hear back by the end of the week I plan on offering the kits I have left to the others.

Everyone else,
I am going to start getting my list of tooling and materials for the next run of parts together. Let me know if you want one of the kits or a sending unit and I will put you on the list. I will not be asking for any money down, just trying to get an idea on how many units I should shot for this run.

I was also thinking of offering a plate with just the neutral position to replace the oem one.  Someone also suggested making a delete cover for those who just want to replace the plastic piece and forget about it.

So let me know if any of that peaks your interest and lets get that list growing!  ;D
Andrew

Offline Legends16

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2013, 12:27:27 pm »
I got my gear indicator from Andrew over the weekend and its a great looking piece! I look forward to installing it and seeing it in action next season. Thanks Andrew!

Eric Williams

Offline N4Racing

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2013, 08:42:40 am »
Andrew,

I received my kit last night.  It looks great! Can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks again, Jeff

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2013, 11:44:48 am »
I got my gear indicator from Andrew over the weekend and its a great looking piece! I look forward to installing it and seeing it in action next season. Thanks Andrew!

Eric Williams
Andrew,

I received my kit last night.  It looks great! Can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks again, Jeff

Glad everything showed up without issue.

Jeff, how did the box hold up? I ask because I just started using USPS to ship from home. Up till now I was using UPS thru work, but the shipping guy keep shipping it for free and wouldn't let me pay for. My work lets us ship stuff for free.

I know I know, what's the problem right?  ???  In the end I don't want my side projects fu(king up my day (well I'm 3rd shift so night) job.

Also new boxes.

Andrew

Offline N4Racing

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »
The box was in perfect shape.  USPS also has a flat rate box , about $5 that your kit would fit into.  With some bubble wrap it should be no problem ,and you don't have to pay for boxes.

Jeff